Fujimi F2007 1/20 WIP

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

aracefan
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
United States of America

Re: Fujimi F2007 1/20 WIP

Post by aracefan »

Car looks great - and love the paint job!! I've come back and looked at this one several times, bravo on making it fit and pushing on when some issues have come out. I probably would've thrown in the towel. Nice model!

SanMarino
World Champion
World Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ventisette Rosso
Canada

Post by SanMarino »

Fantastic build. The body colour looks awesome.

F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by 11110111 »

Hey, not sure how I missed this thread, I have one on the go myself, curbside version

Your build looks ace, great photography, the ones in the black background look lifelike!

Also, maybe too late now but I should have some spare decals if you still want to fix the wing end plate and any others?
- Pradley

mazyen
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: Lee Hoe Yen
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
Singapore

Post by mazyen »

Somehow I’ve missed this thread. Great achievement with TS rattle cans.
When I build my MFH kit, which took 7 years, I’ve base coated it in gold. BTW, to remove decals stuck to masking tape, I just wet the decal & stick it back to the decal backing sheet, let it dry, & then slowing peel off the tape. The decals will stay & can be reapplied again as usual.
Cheers.

F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by 11110111 »

mazyen wrote:Somehow I’ve missed this thread. Great achievement with TS rattle cans.
When I build my MFH kit, which took 7 years, I’ve base coated it in gold. BTW, to remove decals stuck to masking tape, I just wet the decal & stick it back to the decal backing sheet, let it dry, & then slowing peel off the tape. The decals will stay & can be reapplied again as usual.
Cheers.
Interesting base comparisons, I went late season slightly darker shade, titanium gold - so somewhere in the middle of you both :)
- Pradley

Topic author
CelicaGT
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark
United States of America

Post by CelicaGT »

aracefan wrote:Car looks great - and love the paint job!! I've come back and looked at this one several times, bravo on making it fit and pushing on when some issues have come out. I probably would've thrown in the towel. Nice model!
Thanks! Glad you liked the thread too! :D
SanMarino wrote:Fantastic build. The body colour looks awesome.
Thanks!
11110111 wrote:Hey, not sure how I missed this thread, I have one on the go myself, curbside version

Your build looks ace, great photography, the ones in the black background look lifelike!

Also, maybe too late now but I should have some spare decals if you still want to fix the wing end plate and any others?
Awesome! Do you have a WIP thread? I'd love to follow along on your progress. Thanks for the compliments on the photography. I've gotten a lot of great ideas from other members on F1M.

I really appreciate the offer for spare decals, thanks! But I'm happy with the car even though it's not 100% perfect. 8)
mazyen wrote:Somehow I’ve missed this thread. Great achievement with TS rattle cans.
Cheers.
I was concerned about using rattle cans but I think because I used TS it was possible (or easier) to get a good result. I've certainly screwed up some paintjobs with TS, but they seem to be superior to any other rattle cans I've used.

I believe I read your thread (it was a big help, thanks!) and saw the gold basecoat. I almost used that but decided on titanium silver mainly because the name sounded cool! :mrgreen:

If I ever stick a decal with masking tape again I'll try your method, sounds effective!

CK
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: C K
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, McLaren, Williams
Canada

Post by CK »

Nice to see the car finished.

The red color looks so good! It is a great model!
C K
Canada