CelicaGT
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark
United States of America

1/20 Ebbro Tyrrell 002

Post by CelicaGT »

Here's my Ebbro Tyrrell 002.

It took me about 4 months to build. Overall it went together really well. I think it's a fantastic kit and I'd highly recommend it. 8) The only problems I had were caused by me or just unavoidable considering what Ebbro had to accomplish and my skill level (the rear suspension & rear wing attachment was fiddly for me but I don't see how else Ebbro could have made it and kept it looking right). Also, the black decal with rivets that goes around the bottom of the windshield was tough for me, I wish I would have just painted it instead of messing with the decal.

The fit is incredibly tight. I actually had to remove the wires for the instrument cluster because the cowling over the driver's seat wouldn't fit with them there. But it's a good problem to have. Everything is very sung and it all looks perfectly flush.

I added spark plug wires, fuel lines, brake lines, Tamiya '70s seat belts, instrument cluster wires (removed, see above), and radiator tubing. I also used metal tape cut to size to line the cockpit.

WIP here: https://www.f1m.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=29609

Comments & criticisms please if you have them! :D

Last edited by CelicaGT on Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

cesar418
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Re: 1/20 Ebbro Tyrrell 002

Post by cesar418 »

Beautiful work!!!

Corpsegrinder
Top Designer
Top Designer
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Italy

Post by Corpsegrinder »

What a beautifiul thing you have made. Be proud to have one more star in your cabinet!
"In my days, the drivers used to go out after a race and chase girls. These days, they thank Vodafone" - Sir Stirling Moss

vekkuli
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stake Sauber
Finland

Post by vekkuli »

Welldone & great Photos :) .

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Great job! :)
Take a stand!

flashman
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell
United States of America

Post by flashman »

You did a beautiful job! Great inspiration for the rest of us that have this kit. Thank you for sharing.

In the review in Tamiya Model Magazine International of Ebbro's 003 version of this kit (August 2015 issue), the same problem with the instrument wires not fitting under the cowl was mentioned, and the builder also had to remove the wires he had added. And a friend who is currently building one of these kits has told me the same thing. When I get around to building mine, I'm hoping using a Dremel to grind the cowl thinner in that area will be enough to make room for wiring. :?

Cameron

Topic author
CelicaGT
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark
United States of America

Post by CelicaGT »

Thanks guys!
flashman wrote:You did a beautiful job! Great inspiration for the rest of us that have this kit. Thank you for sharing.

In the review in Tamiya Model Magazine International of Ebbro's 003 version of this kit (August 2015 issue), the same problem with the instrument wires not fitting under the cowl was mentioned, and the builder also had to remove the wires he had added. And a friend who is currently building one of these kits has told me the same thing. When I get around to building mine, I'm hoping using a Dremel to grind the cowl thinner in that area will be enough to make room for wiring. :?

Cameron
Interesting. I thought about trying to do that but since my cowling was already painted and polished I didn't want to mess with it too much. There is a second cowling for Cevert that one could practice on, but at this point I'm just going to leave it as is. Good luck and look foward to seeing your build!

ferrarissimus
World Champion
World Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
Germany

Post by ferrarissimus »

It's great! Your 1/20 Tyrrell is not really different from a 1/12 Tamiya Tyrrell!

MarcoSaupe
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: HHF
Germany

Post by MarcoSaupe »

Very nice work!

marlborored
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren, Senna; Lotus, Clark