Joaquin
Midfield
Midfield
Your Name: Joaquin
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Chapman's Lotus
Spain

FRIENDLY questions about Gravity Colors

Post by Joaquin »

After reading comments of Daveyracer I have a couple doubts.

If Gravity Colors USA is different company than Gravity Colors Europe, do you have distribution in Europe? If I purchase directly to USA, shipping and customs cost will increase a lot the price.

The paint is the same? For example, McLaren Red has the same reference GC-199 in both sites. It's important to know if the components and the color are exactly the same

daveyracer
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Re: FRIENDLY questions about Gravity Colors

Post by daveyracer »

They are not the same. Mate and Antonio get their paints from different suppliers. They may hit the same color but I would not guarantee every color is the same. Mate gets his paint from BASF Glasurite. I do not know where Antonio gets his supply from but I know that was one of the problems that became evident. They did not always agree on color and Antonio did not agree EVER. hence the beginning of the end.

GravityColors
Formula e
Formula e

Post by GravityColors »

Let me jump in and answer some questions about Gravity Colors before people will start lashing out on David Thibodeau who obviously just want the help. Gravity colors USA and Gravity Colors EU is a different company since September 2017. It used to be one company from 2015 to 2017. Unfortunately we had to part ways because our business strategies and ideas were going in to different directions and different markets on different continents dictated different business strategies as far as color releases and worldwide distributors, and custom colors go. We could not get into an agreement about those points that's why we had to part ways. Those two companies have nothing to do with each other any more, the similarities in the two websites are because we designed and developed the original website for gravity colors in the usa and thr owner of Gravity Colors EU is still using that website with our permission. Nobody stole or took over anyone's website, as some smart commenters hinted that. Some of the colors still have the same SKU numbers for the old colors we did together. New colors on both websites have different SKU numbers and those two websites have now very different new color releases fine tuned for customer demands on different continents. If you guys feel like purchasing from Gravity colors USA we send free bottles of paints and gift cards to compensate for the higher costs of international shipping. We also offer 10% discount to customers who subscribe to our newsletters.
Last edited by GravityColors on Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GravityColors
Formula e
Formula e

Post by GravityColors »

Let me also answer to the person who suggested that packages don't need to be taken to the post office. True, but USPS charges for picking up packages from businesses. It's not free. Usps charges $12 for every pick up. And yes also true there are no excuses for delayed orders. What happened was that we received extreme amount of orders in December due to the holiday season shopping craziness and we didnt have had enough manpower to send out all the orders on time. I already hired two employees who will send out all the outstanding orders in processing and the delays with the orders will be fixed for the good.

shood23
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by shood23 »

With all due respect can we end these gravity topics now. Mate has given his side of things, Reasons for delays and cleared up what European buyers can do if they want gravity USA colours. Let the guy get back on track and run his business, all companies run into over demand at some point if the products they offer are good enough. It would be a shame for 1 delayed period to be an everlasting shadow over a company that if it wasn't there would be detrimental to us all.

Can we not all just get along and go back to cutting up these little bits of plastic/resin/metal and slapping paint on them for fun.

Shaun

Topic author
Joaquin
Midfield
Midfield
Your Name: Joaquin
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Chapman's Lotus
Spain

Post by Joaquin »

shood23 wrote:With all due respect can we end these gravity topics now. Mate has given his side of things, Reasons for delays and cleared up what European buyers can do if they want gravity USA colours. Let the guy get back on track and run his business, all companies run into over demand at some point if the products they offer are good enough. It would be a shame for 1 delayed period to be an everlasting shadow over a company that if it wasn't there would be detrimental to us all.

Can we not all just get along and go back to cutting up these little bits of plastic/resin/metal and slapping paint on them for fun.

Shaun
Sorry, it was important, at least for me, to know who is who and what to expect from both paints.
Dave, Mate, thank you for your answers. Go ahead and good luck

R.Wells
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by R.Wells »

shood23 wrote:With all due respect can we end these gravity topics now. Mate has given his side of things, Reasons for delays and cleared up what European buyers can do if they want gravity USA colours. Let the guy get back on track and run his business, all companies run into over demand at some point if the products they offer are good enough. It would be a shame for 1 delayed period to be an everlasting shadow over a company that if it wasn't there would be detrimental to us all.

Shaun
Absolutely!!

Agree 100%
Perfectionist in the art of the unfinished kit......

Russell Wells

GravityColors
Formula e
Formula e

Post by GravityColors »

Hi Shaun,
Well said. And unfortunately this can happen to any company who grow too fast and these events make people realize that major changes are need to be done. I cannot change the past but I can only concentrate on the future to fix problems. About Gravity Colors Europe, my goal and intention is absolutely not to take away or ruin sales for my ex partner in Europe. I wish him luck and success, and there is plenty to go around in the hobby and plenty of room to make money with creating great products. I believe in healthy competition between companies because customers benefit from that. There is really no need to argue and be bitter about what happened in the past between business owners. And there are no secrets at all, nobody is hiding anything, everything can be investigated and checked out on the Internet about the past of Gravity Colors. No need to rely on gossips that are spread by people with hidden agendas on facebook and on social media. If anyone has any questions about Gravity Colors please feel free to ask me in private or even in public as I have nothing to hide. Now let's go back to work and enjoy the scale model hobby. Love and peace!

Shunter
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Alfa Romeo, McLaren, Williams
Australia

Post by Shunter »

GravityColors wrote:Hi Shaun,
Well said. And unfortunately this can happen to any company who grow too fast and these events make people realize that major changes are need to be done. I cannot change the past but I can only concentrate on the future to fix problems. About Gravity Colors Europe, my goal and intention is absolutely not to take away or ruin sales for my ex partner in Europe. I wish him luck and success, and there is plenty to go around in the hobby and plenty of room to make money with creating great products. I believe in healthy competition between companies because customers benefit from that. There is really no need to argue and be bitter about what happened in the past between business owners. And there are no secrets at all, nobody is hiding anything, everything can be investigated and checked out on the Internet about the past of Gravity Colors. No need to rely on gossips that are spread by people with hidden agendas on facebook and on social media. If anyone has any questions about Gravity Colors please feel free to ask me in private or even in public as I have nothing to hide. Now let's go back to work and enjoy the scale model hobby. Love and peace!
Love it...Boom Boom

jaydar
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by jaydar »

Sometimes bad things happen to good people. I have several kits which need special colors which I won't be building for a while. I am willing to place my orders now and help out.

Joe.