1979 Ligier JS11 Question

Ask away....

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: 1979 Ligier JS11 Question

Post by JamesB »

PJE wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:58 am I’m resurrecting this thread as I’m considering getting started on Jacky Ickx’s JS11 from Watkins Glen. It looks to me from the few photos I have of the car from this particular weekend that the rear wing is different than the wing in the Tamiya kit. It seems to have an adjustable element at the rear. Can anyone clarify this for me? Anyone have any advice for modifying the Tamiya rear wing?

Paul Erlendson
Paul, my friend, I reckon the two element rear wing was only used in 1980. Anyway, if you look at racingsportscars.com
It seems to confirm what I say :D
But that´s important, lowering te center of nose would be good, even if not easy

Also small modification to the sidepod front lower edge, longer as you see and fully straight...
Ah, after seeing what you do with the ´87 Lola, you can do this with one hand tied to your back :D

Topic author
PJE
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
United States of America

Re: 1979 Ligier JS11 Question

Post by PJE »

Thanks James. Top photo confirms what I had hoped for, so I can just use the kit wing. I’m going to leave the bodywork alone, I think, so I can use the Indycals decals and not have to paint the white. Just going to add a bit of detail to the Cosworth, seat harness and Icon rain tires. Maybe replace the radiator inlet with some PE screen. My 1987 Lola has consumed a huge amount of time. I’m not going to inflict that kind of pain on myself again on this build! :lol:

Paul Erlendson