Revell Ferrari F2007

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

tonym
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Re: Revell Ferrari F2007

Post by tonym »

Great work monkeytennis, I like it. Thanks for trialling the paint combination, I'm going to do that too.
Cheers
Tony
Kits Wanted:

AMC Tyrrell 020B conversion
AMC Tyrrell 020C conversion

Please PM if you want to sell one.

hogs29
F3
F3

Post by hogs29 »

Really nice! The color looks good as well.

vekkuli
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stake Sauber
Finland

Post by vekkuli »

Very nice Paintjob :) .

Schumi
Top Designer
Top Designer
Your Name: Martijn
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: -Ferrari
-Benetton
-Michael Schumacher
-Ayrton Senna
Netherlands

Post by Schumi »

Very nice painting! I always thought Tamiya X31 Titanium gold and clear red was the only good combination, but this looks also very good! :wink:
🇬🇧

Topic author
monkeytennis
Formula e
Formula e

Post by monkeytennis »

Just a quick update as I have got back into this model over Christmas.

I have done all the CF decals on the suspension, painted all the front and rear wing elements gold in pre per at ion for the clear red and purchased some after market tobacco decals.

Pictures to come soon.

Once I have painted the clear red it shouldn't be much longer till its complete.

Topic author
monkeytennis
Formula e
Formula e

Post by monkeytennis »

OK so heres some pictures.

Engine, rear suspension glued down onto floor which has had its CF decals on. As its a Revell Kit I haven't bothered painting the engine as its unseen on the finished model.

Here's a few pictures with the body on as a dry fit test. The body has had a few helpings of clear since you last saw it.

I've been inspired to get the best finish I can on this model having seen so many good ones on this forum. At the moment I'm very please with how its going so far, I'm very please seeing as its only my third model.

If I was to do it again I'd definitely drill out the engine air intake instead of just painting it though.

Since the photos have been taken I've started to decal the body, using some after market tobacco sponsors ones.

A lot of people wont give these Revell model the time of day, mainly due to the scale I think but I love em', provides enough of a challenge of the novice like me but you can still get a nice looking model out of them.

Comments/suggestions always welcome :)

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

The finish is quite something!!! :)

vinceqn
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by vinceqn »

Very nice work so far. I really liked this kit with exception of the scale (1/24 vs 1/20) and the engine being useless. One bit of advice, make sure you dry fit the body with the cockpit installed. I did the exact same thing, but when final assembly came together, the cockpit did not line up correctly and was forcing the body upwards. I had to shave off the bottom of the seat as well as the rear to make it fit correctly and was never happy with the results.

Eagle50
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by Eagle50 »

Great paint job! Wow! That's what I call a beautiful red!

Cheers, Chris

Topic author
monkeytennis
Formula e
Formula e

Post by monkeytennis »

Ok so its update time, I've put all the decals on bar one side of the tyres, how ever while searching out some research photos I've realized I've made a few mistakes, some decals in the wrong place, some colors wrong. Where the exhaust exits, that should be black going down to the back of the car and rear wing, and the go faster stripe decals on the back of the engine cover are placed incorrectly. Still, this doesn't bother me as I'm pretty impressed with how the model looks at the moment. Oh and the camera on the top of the roll hoop should be black.

So for some piccys...

Right Side

Left Side

Some bits of the front and rear wing, excuse the fire extinguisher, that's for a Tamiya Impreza I'm currently also building.

Top down view of a test fit, without all aero pieces in front of the side pods

Side view

It looks like I might have to file down the bottom of the seat as something is stopping the body fitting onto the floor properly. The cockpit is glued in now so I'll have to be careful. Since the photos were taken the front wing has been glued together, which was a real pain, but is not mounted yet, I want to get the body stuck down first.

I was hoping to leave off the stupid wheel rim covers as I just don't like them. but it looks like they are what actually holds the wheels onto the car so I might not have a choice.

Anyway thanks for looking, comments always welcome :)