Airbrush...amazing

Kit reviews

Topic author
Buzzard
Formula e
Formula e

Airbrush...amazing

Post by Buzzard »

Based on a thread in one of the forums (can't remember which one) I went on Ebay to look for cheap airbrushes. Because they were ridiculously cheap I bought 3 different ones and one type in particular has performed spectacularly. For comparison I also own an Iwata and a Paasche. This airbrush in the Funhobby store was the most expensive at US $38. It is dual action gravity feed. Frankly I think it is better than the Iwata and has a trigger stop feature that I find extremely useful. It also has an air regulating valve that I don't use (not sure of the purpose). If you are looking for a good, cheap airbrush, this is it.

Terry
Attachments
Funhobby airbrush.jpg
Funhobby airbrush.jpg (7.23 KiB) Viewed 1130 times

ButtonOne
Formula e
Formula e

Re: Airbrush...amazing

Post by ButtonOne »

Really?
is it a copy/clone of any brand?....is it serviceable or just junk if anything fails? How long have you used it and what kinds of paints have you run through it?
Very curious and intersting...I have been shopping for a new one...

Thanks!

little-cars
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by little-cars »

These are a sort of copy of the Iwata Hiline CH with the mac valve under the front of the brush.

They are ok for general work, but quality is variable.

Spares are probably not available, use it till it dies.

You only get what you pay for with airbrushes, an Iwata or Harder & Steenbeck are better brushes, but cost a lot more.

Alonsofan
Midfield
Midfield

Post by Alonsofan »

I bought one on ebay for 25$,its now on the way,nice to hear relatively good comments about it.
As most of my work is done from spray cans,i didnt need a crazy,expensive airbrush for now,so i thought this may be suitable for some work :)
Dino Marko

jmpsebring
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Post by jmpsebring »

I've shot everything through them. These are flawless, beautiful airbrushes. They are listed with two different sized holes. I have four and purchased another for parts. I now use my Iwata for clear only because I was able to buy parts to open them up for higher flow volume. There is no longer a reason to spend big money on an airbrush used to paint model parts.

Topic author
Buzzard
Formula e
Formula e

Post by Buzzard »

I have only had them 1&1/2 months so I can't comment about durability. I agree with jmpsebring...I've shot everything and they work great. With regard to orifice size you can buy one with three different sizes for $44 which is what I should have done.

Terry

Dino
Team Owner
Team Owner

Post by Dino »

I got one of these airbrushes and used it for the first time over the weekend...took me a while to get my Iwata to Badger hose adapter.

First of all I was impressed with the quality of the brush itself and it sprays a pattern that rivals the Iwata it mimics.

I was spraying U-Pol urethane clear which was decanted and thinned with Mr. Thinner.

My only complaint is the cup, which is the same size as Iwata's, doesn't hold enough paint to get a good wet coat on a body. I'm used to using a Badger Crescendo with 2 oz. bottle.

Anyway, I expect the brush to hold up well and I'll get plenty of use out of it applying color coats and spraying small parts.

Alex_Kung
World Champion
World Champion
Your Name: Alex Kung
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Gilles Villeneuve
Ferrari
Canada

Post by Alex_Kung »

I got one of these also and am waiting to paint something with it. Can't beat the price. I wonder if Iwata parts will fit it but then it might be cheaper to buy a whole new one.

Dino
Team Owner
Team Owner

Post by Dino »

Alex_Kung wrote:I got one of these also and am waiting to paint something with it. Can't beat the price. I wonder if Iwata parts will fit it but then it might be cheaper to buy a whole new one.
The hose adapter I got is a genuine Iwata item, but that is basically just getting the threads correct.

Leirodorp
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by Leirodorp »

Buzzard wrote:it also has an air regulating valve that I don't use (not sure of the purpose). Terry
This regulating valve is meant to more or less block the trigger, so your able to determine the amount of paint you spray, form very light to heavily over the top.

So this trigger blocker is a great feature and avoids over spraying. You will find this on the Harder & Steenbeck Infinity for example as standard, I had to buy it for my evolution

Good luck, Ronald