First 12th F1

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Topic author
amfiege
Formula e
Formula e

First 12th F1

Post by amfiege »

Hello all,

Finally I've made up my mind and got a 1/12 Tamiya P34 with photo etched stuff included. First impression... WOW! Having made only 24th and 25th models to date this is something else! Made a few Tamiya LaMans cars over the years and have always been impressed by fit and detail quality. Having put together some parts and scraping and sanding away at it this seems lika a A-quality kit. It's gonna take a while i guess, so much fun :D

Now some questions about the kit and car, as I know this is one of the (maybe the) most modeled F1 car (I searched the forum and got some answers)

What color do you guys recommend?
Are there issues in this kit?

As this is my first 1/12, I'll try to make it box stock, just as clean as i can :)

Cheers, Arjen

modelbuilder
Spectator
Spectator

Re: First 12th F1

Post by modelbuilder »

I have built this awsome kit also!! No problems the only thing is follow the instruction carefully when building the front suspension, other than that it was a blast to build. I have over 600 hours into my build, the photo-etch is great. The Color i used is Tamiya TS-15 dead match for the body color, good luck with your build and have FUN!!!!!!! Jeff Marsh.

d111298pw
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: Mark Nicodemus
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Post by d111298pw »

If you use an airbrush, use Zero Paints Tyrrell Blue basecoat. It's a near 100% match.

http://www.hiroboy.com/catalog/product_ ... ts_id=1922
Mark

edgarmiro
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by edgarmiro »

Agree with d111298pw, I'm currently building the tyrrell 003 and the Zero blue paint is oustanding clearcoated with Zero 2k Clearcoat , I used a white primer first (tamiya white fine primer). I'll take pics of the result to show you.
In my opinion TS-15 is too dark