WIP: Tyrrell 007/Japan 1976 ST27 1/20

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Topic author
Dede
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Dede
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: ....
Ireland

Re: WIP: Tyrrell 007/Japan 1976 ST27 1/20

Post by Dede »

Dede wrote:
CBartholomew4677 wrote:First time I've seen this one :oops: . I put this on my "to buy" list.

Can you print new decals? Any chance one of the decal masters on the forum here can help out?
Cheers,
Chris
Hi Chris, I can't print white...
I might end up building the Qualifing trim Hoshino car... with slicks: Image
still left with decal prob but will see what I can come up with :?

Thanks for all the comments Guys :)
Small news update!

I have been in contact with Studio27 regarding "wrong tires & incorrectly spelt tire decals"
I told them they produced this kit which could not be built in any shape or form to resemble the real car, as the kits are expensive we should expect to be able to do so.. I suggested I would be happy to be able to build the Saturday Qualifing car with slick tires and correctly spelt tire decals...
Studio27's response is they are going to get correct decals printed and send them to me along with a set of slicks, I will be happy enuf with that...
Will post results when applied...
Dede.

allnie
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell. Lotus. McLaren.
Denmark

Post by allnie »

Dede wrote: I have been in contact with Studio27 regarding "wrong tires & incorrectly spelt tire decals"
I told them they produced this kit which could not be built in any shape or form to resemble the real car, as the kits are expensive we should expect to be able to do so.. I suggested I would be happy to be able to build the Saturday Qualifing car with slick tires and correctly spelt tire decals...
Studio27's response is they are going to get correct decals printed and send them to me along with a set of slicks, I will be happy enuf with that...
Will post results when applied...
Seems to be a very reasonable agreement and acceptable customer service. But I do recall MFH fabricated totally new rain tyres to the Monaco Toleman TG184 when it was discovered they had made a wrong pattern.
Br
Allan
Br
Allan

Topic author
Dede
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Dede
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: ....
Ireland

Post by Dede »

Been a while, But!! Studio27 kindly sent me a set of slick tires and "Bridgestone" decals for this kit as they made production mistakes with tires & decals,

Have the wheels on now and the build is almost complete thankfully, :D

Here are assembled wheels:

A few bits left to do before I post completed model...

Thanks for Looking!!
Dede.