Topic author
Mr.Grumpy
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jacques Villeneuve
Canada

Reminder...

Post by Mr.Grumpy »

just wanted to open a F1M appreciation thread and thank everyone who contributes and is a part of our little community, especially to Eric who thanklessly contributes who-knows-what to keeping this site up. i don't know what i would do without it.

long live F1M.

alexpayne
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: Reminder...

Post by alexpayne »

Ditto,ditto,ditto! Iv'e had great fun,advice and feel I've met some really good folks here.It,s always my first "port of call" when I log on.
Atb,Alexp.

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

May I sound a bit too solemn but believe me when I say that lots of (important) things in my life would have been VERY different had I not found this wonderful site some 12 years ago. And I mean they are surely better like that.
Thanks to all, the ones who are now here and the ones that were gone, and sure most of all to big E (I don't mean the Enterprise carrier sure)

mp4f1
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by mp4f1 »

Cheers,

I have been travelling, not been contributing much, biut I check almost everyday, a nice escape! Thanks to all for the inspiration!

Jacques
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: Jacques
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
France

Post by Jacques »

200% Agreed ! Long life to F1M !!!!

This forum has changed my "modeling" life and I have the opportunity to know even more interesting people worldwide, like me completely crazy and adicted to Formula 1 :D

Thanks to everyone and especially Eric for making our hobby even more easy to "live" 8)
Jacques

Jeff
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by Jeff »

I was thinking something similar the other day, we all owe Mr E a big thanks for providing this site!!!
Among other things, through this site I was able to renew contact with an old modeling friend of mine :D
And made many new friends!

upnorth
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by upnorth »

I was amazed by what people do to help each other. Some people even send parts and decals to others without charging them and if you need advice on something there are no shortage of people willing to help you.

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jaykay »

All hail the big E! :-)

What would i waste my time with if F1M wouldn't exist. Maybe even modeling :-)

May it live long and prosper!

CBartholomew4677
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Chris Bartholomew
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Forza Ferrari!!!
United States of America

Post by CBartholomew4677 »

Needless to say, I agree with all.
Modeling is my escape from the world, which allows me to slow down and relax a little bit. I love the level of support, feedback, advice and help I get from all of you guys. I am always amazed by the level of the models shown on the site, but mostly by the level and willingness to help each other out. F1M is my #1 favorite site to check when I get home from the office.

I found the F1M site back when I was in University in '95/96 (I think) and it's been a joy ever since. Eric's my hero for having started the site, continuously maintained and grown it without a hiccup over time. It must have been a close race between Eric and Obama for the Nobel prize :D .
Cheers,
Chris

lumpulus
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by lumpulus »

CBartholomew4677 wrote: It must have been a close race between Eric and Obama for the Nobel prize :D .
At least E deserves it!

I've been here since just about day one, and expect to be around in 15 more years. ;)
If this place ever went away it would be a trajedy. It is THE F1 modeling website on the 'Net, period.