March 811 Canada 81 1/20 WIP

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: March 811 Canada 81 1/20 WIP

Post by JamesB »

Jacques wrote:
JamesB wrote:Hey they look ultra nice with the Revell paint. Is the one in the square receptacles, right?
J
Yes. 8)

Then I'm surely gonna ask someone some favour! ;-)

Topic author
Jacques
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: Jacques
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
France

Post by Jacques »

Some progress done last Week End :

- decals are on place : and i have to say taht I made a huge mistake by trying to modify the decals as the reference pics I had were the one from the qualification :evil: and the "Moulin Rouge" printing were slightly different :shock:

Thanks to James who helped me I am able now to show the right version with th right decals :wink:

And I glued the rear parts of the gearbox and the tires...It moves on quite quickly 8)
Attachments
Decals on ! and gloss clear, looks nice to me :-)
Decals on ! and gloss clear, looks nice to me :-)
It begins to look like a March 811....
It begins to look like a March 811....
Last picture of the body, I added metal foil to depict the fixation of the skirts. The skirts were painted flat black
Last picture of the body, I added metal foil to depict the fixation of the skirts. The skirts were painted flat black
Gear Box and rear wishbones are on place...easy. I glued the tires with my 2 components epoxy glue for strong bond
Gear Box and rear wishbones are on place...easy. I glued the tires with my 2 components epoxy glue for strong bond
Jacques

Topic author
Jacques
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
France

Post by Jacques »

Now I am on vacation 8)

So shortly before leaving the house for a couple of days I am going a couple of steps forward with the WIP.

The front wishbones are put on place + front brakes....and I glued the rear parts to the body.

Really easy ! 8)

I glue everything with epoxy glue, 2 components which has a very strong bond after 5 minutes...

I "optimised" the radiators : here the moulding is not that great on my kit. No problem ! I glued some metallic grid on them.

Finally front and rear wings are now on place.... I can go on vacation now, and take time to think if I will put Daly behind the steering wheel :lol:
Attachments
It's coming together...
It's coming together...
All the parts ready to be glued together
All the parts ready to be glued together
Here the radiators. As the moulding is not perfect, I added some metallic grid (I hope it's the right word ?) which I found in my scrap box
Here the radiators. As the moulding is not perfect, I added some metallic grid (I hope it's the right word ?) which I found in my scrap box
Front and rear wing glued !
Front and rear wing glued !
Jacques

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Greeaaat!! 8) OK, maybe I should not say myself but that looks bloody good; I mean the build! ;-)
The car has a striking color scheme and black cars use to look great.
Glad the rear train comes on easy. Remember to remove one pin of the front rocker arms. Either side depending on the side of car, so it matches the bodywork holes. OH I forgit to include the usual metal rods (I admit it, they are cut needles) for the steering links.
Hmm... well maybe I'm late on this.
Great build taht's it! I'd say the rear wing pilar should be a bit darker. Love the copper axles...
ED: forgot to add that the PE skirts and the Gurney adds a lot of life to it. Hmmm... this maker should include those things :roll: :twisted:

Er... one more thing: there shpuld be a pair of "AVON" decals on front edge of sidepods... don't know if it was lost, not clear in the instructions... I hope we're on time to fix it!

Topic author
Jacques
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
France

Post by Jacques »

JamesB wrote:Greeaaat!! 8) OK, maybe I should not say myself but that looks bloody good; I mean the build! ;-)
The car has a striking color scheme and black cars use to look great.
Glad the rear train comes on easy. Remember to remove one pin of the front rocker arms. Either side depending on the side of car, so it matches the bodywork holes. OH I forgit to include the usual metal rods (I admit it, they are cut needles) for the steering links.
Hmm... well maybe I'm late on this.
Great build taht's it! I'd say the rear wing pilar should be a bit darker. Love the copper axles...
ED: forgot to add that the PE skirts and the Gurney adds a lot of life to it. Hmmm... this maker should include those things :roll: :twisted:

Er... one more thing: there shpuld be a pair of "AVON" decals on front edge of sidepods... don't know if it was lost, not clear in the instructions... I hope we're on time to fix it!
Oh yes James you're right....I will put them on...they are not lost :oops:
Jacques

kostinha38
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Kostinha
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell
Portugal

Post by kostinha38 »

Great build man!!! Very nice model, someday I´ll try to convert a Williams FW07 into this model, I think that is possible, if I am wrong, please tell me...
Best regards

Pedro Costa

Portugal

tonym
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by tonym »

Terrific build of a nice car. Reminds me I haven't seen any Rainbow Jeans for a long time.
Regards
Tony
Kits Wanted:

AMC Tyrrell 020B conversion
AMC Tyrrell 020C conversion

Please PM if you want to sell one.

Topic author
Jacques
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
France

Post by Jacques »

Thank you guys for all your kind comments.

I just finished today my March 811. I open a new Topic on finished models.... 8)
Jacques

jordan
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jordan »

...Back from vacation so back to modeling..first there is the garden that needs attention etc... :( ..Hey Jaqcues..! Well done ! I hope mine will be half as good as yours..I will put the pics in my " Jaqcues file ".. :lol: I need to finish something real fast or I will never finish something again..
These are the ones I NEED to finish :
Sapito / March 811
Sapito / ATS HGS1
Wolf / Williams FW06
MFH / BT46 "Surface
They are all about 80% done but need 2K clear and detailling.. :mrgreen:

Alex Nahooy.

jordan
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jordan »

jordan wrote:...Back from vacation so back to modeling..first there is the garden that needs attention etc... :( ..Hey Jaqcues..! Well done ! I hope mine will be half as good as yours..I will put the pics in my " Jaqcues file ".. :lol: I need to finish something real fast or I will never finish something again..
These are the ones I NEED to finish :
Sapito / March 811
Sapito / ATS HGS1
Wolf / Williams FW06
MFH / BT46 "Surface
They are all about 80% done but need 2K clear and detailling.. :mrgreen:

Alex Nahooy.
No..no not kidding.. :mrgreen: :?..euuhhh..forgot the Lion car and the new P34 Japan...

Alex Nahooy.
Attachments
007.JPG
006.JPG
004.JPG
002.JPG
005.JPG
003.JPG
001.JPG