MFH lotus 97T

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Topic author
garymc
World Champion
World Champion
Your Name: Gary McIntyre
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mclaren, Senna
United States of America

Re: MFH lotus 97T

Post by garymc »

Thanks guys for the replies :D .Any mod to the front suspension at this stage will have to be done from the lower where the arm meets the spindle but will have to see.Sorry i'm not a rivet counter and build just for the pleasure of it.There are alot of other parts on this car that should be done in cf but just building it otb.Does anyone have any pointers on using tire stencils as this will be my first attempt at using them or should i just stick to the decals?

Thanks again,Gary

Dede
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Dede
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: ....
Ireland

Post by Dede »

Gary,
You have a stunning looking kit there, extremely good build,
its not hard to see why these kits are sooo expensive, they are little works of art...

Dede.
Dede.

PanAmNut
Team Owner
Team Owner

Post by PanAmNut »

garymc wrote:Thanks guys for the replies :D .Any mod to the front suspension at this stage will have to be done from the lower where the arm meets the spindle but will have to see.Sorry i'm not a rivet counter and build just for the pleasure of it.There are alot of other parts on this car that should be done in cf but just building it otb.Does anyone have any pointers on using tire stencils as this will be my first attempt at using them or should i just stick to the decals?

Thanks again,Gary
No real challenge there G ............ for me it's just flat white dusted on with the airbrush held perpendicular to the tire surface and some decent distance back from the subject. Cannot hurt to make a light pass, eyeball the result and go round again if necessary. Mask well and make sure not to wiggle things when spraying.

I tend to PollyS (or the like) as it cleans up easily if you have a hiccup. An overspray of your choice will seal things after you remove the stencil/masking. Naturally some will prefer tinting for off-white ......... tis your choice.

Good luck.

Cheers,

-elh-

rollover
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by rollover »

It's looking better all the time. Keep up the good work Gary.
Jeff Grebe, Plasticrastinator
Not finishing kits, my specialty

Topic author
garymc
World Champion
World Champion
Your Name: Gary McIntyre
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mclaren, Senna
United States of America

Post by garymc »

Thanks Ed for the tip

G

alexpayne
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by alexpayne »

Hi Gary, You are making a superb job of this model and don't worry about being a "rivet counter" building a model is about enjoyment and pleasure not being an "anorak"!
Once again super,super model.
Atb,Alexp.