TAMIYA (!) Lotus 79

A special Forum just for the new Lotus 79 (and 78) kits.

gilles.r
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: Gilles
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Renault and Ligier
France

Re: TAMIYA (!) Lotus 79

Post by gilles.r »

MGBrown wrote:I am guessing that Tamiya will eventually release 2 other versions of the 79 due to the "1978" designation in the product name.
You're surely right : this is the first time that one year appears clealy in the 1/20 kit name for its 1st release .
This can effectively let think that there will be another year version. So , the '79.

Having a look on the kit parts , the 2 grey parts : radiator exhaust on pontoons, 2 ways , can be changed by similar part with one long way out to get the '79 version. Note also that changing one of them , to small one way out , we get another earliest '79 version.

Bye
Gilles

gilles.r
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
France

Post by gilles.r »

Now , some words after observing the pictures on Tamiya web site.
The decoration looks like Great Britain/ Germany version.
No special logos for these races and rear wing with 5 laurels
There is no G year too . The tires are new , without the side names.

But nothing about the Peterson version with its safety arch profile.

What do you think ?

Comparing to the Hasegawa picture , it seems that we’ll get exactly the same version : front cowling, mirrors, markings. But Hasegawa will probably includes GY markings as for the 312Ts.

gilles.r
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
France

Post by gilles.r »

f1m wrote:Did the 79 run w/o the JPS markings during the season? I don't remember.
Eric
Belgium = JPS / pontoons
Spain, to Canada , JPS on cokpit sides , Olympus / pontoons
expected Great Britain and German, only Olympus . These 2 GPs were also the 1st appearances of the 2 holes for radiator exhausts on the right pontoons ( looking the car by front )
Gilles

slicky
F2
F2

Post by slicky »

I have ordered one, but did have a mild panic attack. Was it a April fool joke!!!!!!!!!, please NOOOOOOOOOO

parabola
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by parabola »

indycals wrote: JPS is my priority... but I do have two kits on pre-order ;)
Mark me down as someone who would purchase the Martini decals for Reutemann. My very first time seeing F1 cars in person was at the '79 Argentine GP, and this would be the perfect build to give to my father who took me.

Would you consider making the Essex decals for that oddball 79/81 interim car that popped up here a few months ago?

gerty
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by gerty »

Wow!! - - - Awesome News !!

hirofkd
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by hirofkd »

JamesB wrote:That said, any evidences that HSGW has it "enough done" and that they won't cancel it sine die as they did with FW14B?
I share what's been said about not possible to rush out a car.
BTW note the radiator vents in different color: sign of a changeable sprue so we'll have different versions.

How good I never killed an FW07 to do a 79!! :) OK I did worse things! :roll:
According to Hobby World, Hasegawa's Lotus 79 German GP Winner is due out late July, and JP MSRP is 3780 yen (incl.tax).
Of course, Hasegawa can cancel the project at any time, but I don't think they will, especially because Hasegawa offers better value than Tamiya (price, silk-screen vs offset, Goodyear vs no-Goodyear). Most Japanese stores usually start taking pre-orders of Hobby Show items approximately a month before, so we'll find out more about the details on the Hasegawa kit around April 13.

gilles.r
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
France

Post by gilles.r »

hirofkd wrote:According to Hobby World, Hasegawa's Lotus 79 German GP Winner is due out late July, and JP MSRP is 3780 yen (incl.tax).
Of course, Hasegawa can cancel the project at any time, but I don't think they will, especially because Hasegawa offers better value than Tamiya (price, silk-screen vs offset, Goodyear vs no-Goodyear). Most Japanese stores usually start taking pre-orders of Hobby Show items approximately a month before, so we'll find out more about the details on the Hasegawa kit around April 13.
Hi,

Thank you Hiroaki for these news
Gilles

Orso
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
Sweden

Post by Orso »

the Martini version is in fact the Lotus 79B version..
I was under the impression that the 79B came in late (august) 1979 and that an earlier car would be correct in Martini livery

Björn

43rdMichael
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by 43rdMichael »

gilles.r wrote:
hirofkd wrote:According to Hobby World, Hasegawa's Lotus 79 German GP Winner is due out late July, and JP MSRP is 3780 yen (incl.tax).
Hi,

Thank you Hiroaki for these news
Gilles
*2 :D

I really hope Hasegawa push on with their release. Its certain to have some positives (and potentially some negatives) over the tamiya version. I'll get both.