Scoobyfan
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Hakkinen
South Africa

Re: No more Ferrari?

Post by Scoobyfan »

F1tommy wrote:

Maybe we will see more vintage Alfa Romeo and Maserati race cars now.
If memory serves me correctly, they fall under the Fiat/Ferrari umbrella these days, wouldn't the licence issue extend to them then too?

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

Hi highly doubt any of you Ferrari fans are going to suffer from a lack of things to build. If you are like me you have 10 fold models unbuilt to those that are built. You will just have to build from your collection until MFH resumes their licensing agreement with the red monster. I'm sure at some point they will so no need to consider this the end of the world. Give some of the rest of us a chance to get things we are interested in. Why so selfish, you made the choice to build red, don't blame the rest of use when your toys are taken away. :D
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

racingkars
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
Netherlands

Post by racingkars »

Icon_Modeler wrote:I for one welcome the brake from all the red cars but then I'm not one of those who thinks the world revolves around Ferrari. I'm so looking forward to seeing some not red offerings!!!!

Hi highly doubt any of you Ferrari fans are going to suffer from a lack of things to build. If you are like me you have 10 fold models unbuilt to those that are built. You will just have to build from your collection until MFH resumes their licensing agreement with the red monster. I'm sure at some point they will so no need to consider this the end of the world. Give some of the rest of us a chance to get things we are interested in. Why so selfish, you made the choice to build red, don't blame the rest of use when your toys are taken away. :D
I feel it's the other way around, you seem to blame Ferrari fans for not getting the kits you would like to have..... :lol:

Though i don't mind much, scale 1/12 is not my cup of tea... not enough space to show them... so enjoy. :D
And as long as 1 company makes me one Ferrari F1 in scale 1/20 of each year i am happy and save money.
Kars

http://www.racingkars.nl (WIPs)
http://www.racingkars.com (sales)
Websites in Nederlands/English
English is not my native language, so sorry for any incorrect words or style... I have no intention to offend you.

Villeneuve
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by Villeneuve »

Does that mean I will have to spend a lot of money in the next few weeks????? I would love to have a Ferrari 126CX and 312T2 Canada and maybe a 126CK all in 1/12 scale........
Will those models not be available after 2018?
YNWA,
Markus

Gilles and Ferrari will always be synonymous. The others just drive for Ferrari but Gilles IS Ferrari

The Ferrari 126C2 Spotter's Guide
http://bit.ly/1oxy29H

Nigel
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by Nigel »

[quote="sky1911"]Nigel, you sound like someone infected with the Grand Prix Legends virus. If you don't know what I'm refering
to with that, never mind. Otherwise, nice choices!

Yes, big fan of GPL and the various add-ons. I also really admire the 1.5 litre cars from the early '60's. That would include the Ferrari 158, but....

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

I'll stop the off-topic here, but let me just say, if you fancied the '67 GT mod, prepare for the updated GTs :). My
guesstimation is we'll release it before the end of the year with a new car. I still need to update the website. For
me the personal favourites have always been the '69s, but of course the '67 F1 will always be with me and yea F2
and the '65 / '66s were always fun because they were somewhat more docile.

Anyway, on the Ferrari front... I'm wondering if I should finally go for the '62 GTO which has been on my bucket
list forever, just for FOMO (fear of missing out) and not being able to buy it at a later time or only for silly money.
Cheers,
Roman

allnie
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell. Lotus. McLaren.
Denmark

Post by allnie »

Villeneuve wrote:Does that mean I will have to spend a lot of money in the next few weeks????? I would love to have a Ferrari 126CX and 312T2 Canada and maybe a 126CK all in 1/12 scale........
Will those models not be available after 2018?
If I were in your shoes I would buy them NOW. The price will only go UP when the license is lost - or they are impossible to find.
Br
Allan

BMW
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Alfa Romeo
Switzerland

Post by BMW »

Well, I am sorry for you guys.
I never had a thought about buying a MFH 1/12 kit (too dear, too little skill and time) but it is a shame to lose something you love. So my sympathies guys. However, if you collect kits as much as the next man, I would assume you have a nice collection to build for the next coming years, while you wait for the situation to change again.

While searching for something completely unrelated, I saw a job advert for a licensing manager for Ferrari a few months ago. I guess the job has been filled, and new ideas are on the table.
I guess it means that any expansion of the Fujimi Ferrari series will not happen either.
Currently building:
Alfa Romeo 159 (since 2021)
Ferrari F1-75 (since 2024)
Recently finished:
Renault R30 (since 2010)

harveyb258
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Post by harveyb258 »

GOOD!!!!!!! As much as I like Ferrari, there's plenty more WORTHY and exciting marques out there than them. Grand Prix started at the beginning of the 20th century (1907ish), NOT 1950 when F1 was created for Talbot and Alfa etc

The Lotus 49 will be a welcome step in the right direction, as was the Alfa and Maserati from the beginning of F1, but More vintage/antique models is something sadly missing from their repertoire (and anyone else's, too).....a full-detail Delage or Bugatti grand prix cars from the 20's and 30's eg. would be awesome.

Napier Raillton record car, Bentley etc.
Richard Scaldwell's V8 cycle-car would be a dream, but I can't see it happening tbh. I have plans to scratchbuild that in 1/8 within the next couple of years. The Napier is also in the planning, too (same scale).

Cheers, H

jmpsebring
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Post by jmpsebring »

Napier is such a monster. So much eye candy!