1/12 Lotus 79

For all F1 scale model news...

j999evo
F3
F3

Post by j999evo »

Hi all, I'm still here - just had a little difficulty seeing close up these days (40 something, eyesight gets lazy...) but I've now got some "reading glasses" on order, which means that I will be finishing the 156/85 build and resuming the weblog on the MG site very soon.

As for the 79, well, I've been intimately involved in the project from day one, including negotiating the license on behalf of Al and the MG team with Clive Chapman. I also took the reference photos - what a day that was, in the actual Nissen huts where they built the cars, seeing a Type 72 in restoration, and then, best of all, pulling the Type 79 apart, taking off the wheels, in the Lotus Cars factory reception, as Clive had forgotten where it was!!!! One of the best days of my life!

Yes the kit is expensive, but for a small company, the costs of doing this are very high - and I can honestly say that Al has put his heart and soul into this project. And it's only the first of a series of non-Ferrari models, which even I have to admit is no bad thing!

Anyway, please form an orderly queue and give me a shout on dan12663@aol.com if you want one in the UK. I'll be taking orders at the Model Sport show in April in Telford, and will have a demo kit around.

Sorry for my absence guys, but I'm back now!

Dan Parratt