seamus
Team Owner
Team Owner
Your Name: Sean
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Great Britain

Re: New Motorsport Model Making YouTube Channel

Post by seamus »

Wow, fellas... easy on there - we're all the same side here remember!!!

Sheesh, where do I start. Ok, first up thank you so so so much for taking the time to watch and also for subscribing, it genuinely means a lot - I've 'known' many of you on here for the best part of 20 years so to see you tuning into the channel is a real privilege, so again - thank you!
Constructive feedback is amazing, always - for good or bad, so again thank you to everyone who has given their opinions... I'm old enough and daft enough to know especially in the crazy modern world we're living in - you can't please everyone - and at the end of the day, this is just a bit of fun and I'm certainly no pro content creator by a long stretch, or ever want to be for that matter.

So, as I said please remember - this is my very first video, EVER. I've bought a cheap-ish camera and am learning as I go, including video editing. I realise the quality isn't amazing but finances are not bottomless, it will have to do right now, if it takes off then maybe I'll look to upgrade to a 4K camera. I'm still playing with camera angles and probably in parts 3 and maybe 4 you will hopefully see a better option.

Noted re: Copyright etc, but I did email the originator of that clip who was happy for me to post it as long as I left the graphic in the corner.

Thanks for the link to “Nigel’s Modeling Bench” and Ron Caverley’s stream... mighty impressed is all I can say :-)

As for dialogue rather than music, I'll take that on board however I hate the sound of my own voice at the best of times, so not sure if that will be something I'll do or not, but again - thanks for the feedback. Hopefully the upcoming episodes will be somewhat better and I'll try and improve as I go on. I did email the delicious Emma Watson to ask if she wouldn't mind narrating it for me, however she hasn't replied - I mean how rude!!!

All the best you lovely lot. :-)

Topic author
seamus
Team Owner
Team Owner
Great Britain

Post by seamus »

ps... part 2 coming Sunday evening UK time.

SeanMAIN
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: Me
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: My wife. Just kidding!
United States of America

Post by SeanMAIN »

Very nice of you to reach out like this. I can be a bit blunt at times. I spent 25 years in the motion picture biz and I produce my wife’s web content. So I can offer any tips to you, and depending on where you live, I have a lot of surplus hardware, such as lights, tripods, and even a 4K camera. So please reach out if you feel like it. I’ll PM some links to you of some others that produce some brilliant content.

BTW, music is always great, but not everybody so comfortable talking on camera or narrating. With this tiny stuff, it’s all in the visuals and good lighting. You’d be surprised what you can do with the simplest of tools. On YouTube, Jenic makes some very good videos.

Sean

Topic author
seamus
Team Owner
Team Owner
Great Britain

Post by seamus »

Awesome, thanks - that would be absolutely amazing, any help greatly appreciated.

I've followed a whole bunch of channels on YT, some are mind blowingly good, others less so and I do totally get it that rubbish quality recording spoils all the good work. My other handicap is time, sadly I still work full time so this is very much a hobby when I get chance balancing the rest of life stuff too. I find it amazing that many now earn a handsome living from Content Creation :-O

Topic author
seamus
Team Owner
Team Owner
Great Britain

Post by seamus »

Part 2 now live... and I've gone & bought a 4K camera

https://youtu.be/y-AsDObN3Mw

Topic author
seamus
Team Owner
Team Owner
Great Britain

Post by seamus »

Part 4 is now live gang, the camera angle and quality is getting better (I think) 🤷🏻‍♂️

https://youtu.be/MCIrHCbxxW8