Lotus 79 decals now available

A special Forum just for the new Lotus 79 (and 78) kits.

Topic author
indycals
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Indycals
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Re: Lotus 79 decals now available

Post by indycals »

craig wrote:I am assuming the number "6" that I don't see on your decal sheet from your website also comes with the decals?
Only if you ordered the Ronnie Peterson version.

Habu12
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by Habu12 »

lezdep wrote:
Habu12 wrote:The Taisan Starcard Porsche GT2 also has black border decals on the Starcard logos. It's a total nonissue. They look tip top.
Funny you should say that, because on high resolution picture attached, you can actually see very thick black border around "Starcard" logos.
I guess it would be much less noticeable in real life when you don't have such magnification level.
That's exactly it right there. The magnification REALLY shows everything, and the pic itself is about twice as large as the real thing. But like Indy said, you can also see the clear carrier. As for color match though, there's no difference. Sorry for the large size. I'll resize. Also this is an ooooold kit I build 13 years ago, and it's seen a lot of wear and dust.
"With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well...you can fly very high"-Ayrton Senna

Topic author
indycals
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
United States of America

Post by indycals »

Well crap... it looks like the front wing difference in the kits is going to be enough to require a separate Hasegawa and Tamiya sheet

Habu12
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by Habu12 »

Ah well. At least it's not too much work, right? You already have a basis to work off of, yes?
Whenever it's ready though...
"With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well...you can fly very high"-Ayrton Senna

Topic author
indycals
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
United States of America

Post by indycals »

Habu12 wrote:Ah well. At least it's not too much work, right? You already have a basis to work off of, yes?
Whenever it's ready though...
It's ready. There are four options: Andretti Hasegawa, Andretti Tamiya, Peterson Hasegawa, Peterson Tamiya.

A couple of the stripes are not a perfect natural fit on the Tamiya kit, but I didn't change them as they can still be laid down to fit easily.

It's real interesting to see the differences in the kits - the engine cover section on the Hasegawa kit is a full 1/8" (3.5mm) longer than the Tamiya, but overall the Hasegawa is only 1mm longer than the Tamiya (201mm vs 200mm)