Scratchbuilt Ferrari F40 1/8 Scale!

Area to upload images of work(s) in progress...

Topic author
bmwmech1
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Re: Scratchbuilt Ferrari F40 1/8 Scale!

Post by bmwmech1 »

Re: Pocher F40 WIP
At last, an update! Unless I have missed something, I believe the frame is finished!!! :D :D :D I still have many hours of prep before the main frame goes to primer, but some of the sub-assemblies are ready and I even got some pieces prepped and primed tonight! I also received my Brummel decal set from Manfred at m-tec, today, so I snapped a picture of them also. Enjoy!!! :) :) :)

As always, thanks for following!!! :) :) :)

BM1

43rdMichael
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by 43rdMichael »

Looking amazing!!

Tony126c2
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by Tony126c2 »

BM...congratulations with this achievement! Next will probably the engine?
Regards
Ton

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where there's a will there's a way

dozman
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren, Lotus, Williams
Australia

Post by dozman »

Thanks BM1! I just drooled all over my keyboard :lol:

Looking very good.

f40
Top Designer
Top Designer

Post by f40 »

BM1 fine work. I have a question about your decals from M-Tec. Where the decals custom printed?How would I be able to reach this company?

Tony126c2
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by Tony126c2 »

F40,

http://www.modellautotechnik.de/xtcomme ... 3fd83aa6d7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Great shop! Prompt shipping!
Regards
Ton

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where there's a will there's a way

f40
Top Designer
Top Designer

Post by f40 »

BM1 Did you make different types of jigs to align all your frame work so you could solder all those parts correctly? :)

Topic author
bmwmech1
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by bmwmech1 »

Hey F40,

Yes, I did make a few jigs, but not as many as you might think... I made one for the engine mounts, to position the 4 correctly with each other, the front suspension, the rear suspension and that's about it. The rest was just built to the dimensions of the kit chassis/body or "eyeballed" to reference photos or the Ferrari manuals/books I have. Not much else to tell, other than that... :) :) :) I may get some pics up tonight of the frame in primer if I get all of the joints cleaned up and prepped for paint!

BM1

SeanMAIN
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: Me
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: My wife. Just kidding!
United States of America

Post by SeanMAIN »

The decals you bought seem to have the body color in the decal where there should be no color. How are you going to deal with that? It seems odd that they would do that.

Also, you build is simply crazy! I mean that in the nest possible way. I have frequented this site for years and your build is by far, my favorite. You have raised the bar so high and I can tell you that you have motivated me beyond what I thought I was capable of. I cannot wait to see you body mods.

More please!

Topic author
bmwmech1
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by bmwmech1 »

I'm traveling this weekend, but I couldn't leave everyone without the latest photos to look at. Got the frame prepped and shot with 1 coat of primer last night. Still some thin spots and there will be some filling/sanding to do before color, but hey, at least it's grey now! There was alot of real estate to cover with primer... I realized that this frame is big, once I started to paint it! Thanks for the compliment, Sean. This build has seemed to motivated me and elevated my game to another level, as well. Things I would have never thought to try I now look at and say.. I can do that this way or maybe even this way! It's a cool feeling, for sure. The decal set is actually a sticker set, which suits me as far as the realism factor is concerned. Real sponsor decals are actually stickers, put on over the finished paint surface, right? I'll just cut out the logos where the body color is to eliminate it. You know how big the lettering is in this scale. Shouldn't be too difficult. Enjoy the photos!!! :) :) :)

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!!!

BM1