SuperAguri: Sato / Davidson

M.Chriss
Midfield
Midfield
Your Name: Michael
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Post by M.Chriss »

I do not know what qualifies Piquet to replace Heiki. That doesn't mean I don't understand why he is probably there. I feel Heiki's performance last year was decent for a rookie, on a team in transition. He got better as the year went on and he got more experiance. Not everybody can be Lewis.

Besides his last name, and probably the money that comes with it, I don't feel that Piquet has achieved anything to displace many in F1. His performance in GP2 was not outstanding. Roseberg, Lewis and Heiki were standouts in GP2. Oh ya, and Heiki won the ROC.

I have long felt that my biggest mistake in life was not being born into privlige. Not that I am complaining.

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

MC, right about Nelsinho.
Proof? Well, McLaren is suposed to want Kovalainen. But Renault prefers Nelsinho. Does it mean that Dennis would hire Piquet? Nein!!
Anyway, probably the best argument in favour of Nelsinho is that Verbal Fer thinks he's not dangerous -time will tell!!- and allows Flav to promise Fer a number one status. Fer would probably be reluctant to having Heikki as team mate.

my bet, BTW:

McLaren: Hamilton / DeLaRosa
Force India: Sutil / Fisico

Heikki will remain under contract with Flav, similarly to what Alonso did in 2002. And he'll be ready when Alonso leaves angrily at the end of 2008!! :lol:

Alex_Kung
World Champion
World Champion
Your Name: Alex Kung
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Gilles Villeneuve
Ferrari
Canada

Post by Alex_Kung »

I don't see Hoinda doing any better then last year. I think it will take at least a year before the Brawn factor comes into effect. I am looking forward to Red Bull with Newey's second year.

McLaren needs a driver who can test and develope the car. Adding another rookie will not help them move forward fast enough compared to Ferrari. IF they stat off even then through the year they will fall back.

smirkoff
Major Constructor
Major Constructor

Post by smirkoff »

There's some speculation that Alonso could do with Renault what Senna did with McLaren back in 93: a race-per-race contract, leaving either Kovalainen or Piquet Jr. as a reserve driver. At least is what he would like to do. Anyway, I don't think Flav will leave Heiki to McLaren. I bet Dennis will go with De La Rosa. About the other two teams I don't see anything too much different from what James already bet.

The news today that McLaren must have to wait till February to know the verdict about the new car is a serious setback in their testing programme... my suspicion that they'll not perform in 2008 as they did this year is stronger every day.

grooveman

Post by grooveman »

JamesB wrote: McLaren: Hamilton / DeLaRosa
Force India: Sutil / Fisico
I was going to write it down but...hey!you read my mind! :wink:

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

heheh :)
Did not expect anything much different from you, groove!
Marcos, BTW. I remember to have read later on that the race-by-race approach held by Dennis and Ayrton was rather a theatrical show agreed between the two of them to boost sponsors' and Ford's commitment, wasn't it?
Nevertheless, I think they'll sign a two year deal. And the clause which allows a release "in case of certain circumstancies" that spanish press boasts of, suposedly masterminded by "Alonso's close circle", well.... given the brilliantness that is spoilt in this close circle, I wouldn't be surprised that they wrote down "in case of team's poor performances" but forgot to sepcify which team... :shock:
After their "suposed first driver status", you can expect anything!! :lol:

Pancho

Post by Pancho »

daniel wrote:
Pancho wrote:Kovalainnen will go to McLaren
Fisichella will go to Force India. Ralf will join him.
No !..Ralf is out after 11 years of F1

daniel
-germany-
I hope so too!
But I believe that if Force India offer him a ride, he'll take it.

Dustbin74
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by Dustbin74 »

Both Ralf and Fisi at Force India? I don't buy it. If doesn't make sense cash wise. A more likely is a paid seat driver or a 'new talent' with Fisi. That way they'd get some experience to develop the car match with a developing talent or cash. If force India decides to chase after '07 drivers, I'd rather see Tonio drive than Ralf. I'll I could say about Ralf is good riddance...

willster127
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Lee
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mclaren
United States of America

Post by willster127 »

smirkoff wrote:The news today that McLaren must have to wait till February to know the verdict about the new car is a serious setback in their testing programme... my suspicion that they'll not perform in 2008 as they did this year is stronger every day.
OK, I know who I want to see in the Mclaren but it won't happen, Davidson.

Anyway, onto the above quote, my new Racecar Engineering just arrived and there is a big article on the secrets revealed in the spy saga. My question is this, sorry it is slightly off topic. Now that this information is public knowledge having been published, why can other teams go off and develop these systems but if Mclaren get caught with it they get thrown out again, load of crap if you ask me!! Max needs to resign with immediate effect and let the sport get on it's feet again.