Nigel Mansell Lola

Ask away...

bestbalsakits
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bestbalsakits »

he forgot his wallet and did not trust any of the team with the full amount? hahaha
Visit www.bestbalsakits.com for more hours of enjoyment.
Now also on Facebook ...

Mack

Post by Mack »

Curiosity. . .why all the Mario bashing? Did he hit soemone's puppy or run over a kitten?

Mack

ClearViewF1
Formula e
Formula e

Post by ClearViewF1 »

Hi Steve

I have a half a dozen or so of the decal sheet you’re look for. Only thing is, they have all had a single or multiple decals removed from when I did my Lola’s a while back. Either way, I’m just about certain there is at least one if not multiple complete sheets when you go through them all.

Also, I have several machined parts including a correct multi-piece pop-off valve, multi-piece dry brake fuel filler, antenna mounts, c/v joints, valve stems, etc. I also have p/e parts that include the “shark tooth” looking element used just forward of the side inlets (speedway version), disc brake fascia’s, Gurney flap, rear wing mounts, etc.

If you are interested, I’ll sell everything for $50 plus shipping. Just send me a P/M and let me know.

Just a recommendation: when you build your car, make sure to remove the horizontal seem that runs along the lower monocoque. Also, make sure to cut the kit supplied turbo inlet plastic screen off, mold in the remaining rear section to the body, lay your decals and then fashion your own screen in the end. Believe me – your finished model will look so much better.

Take care.

Andy
Andy Mathews
ClearView-F1
www.clearviewf1.com

indycals
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Indycals
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Post by indycals »

O4a4re wrote:Check out www.indycals.com
Thanks for the tip of the hat in my direction, but as of now I only do conversion decals for the Duracell Lola kit - no replacement decals for the Nigel/Mario car.

Shunter
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Alfa Romeo, McLaren, Williams
Australia

Post by Shunter »

Andy lovely work on both of your Lola's. Is there any chance of seeing more of them? Please........

CaptainMark
Top Designer
Top Designer

Post by CaptainMark »

Fabulous pictures ClearView! Can you tell us what your setup is to get those pics?

I assume you've photoshopped the black around the edges, but I'm interested in knowing what your background and lighting setup is? Cheers.
Image Image

lumpulus
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by lumpulus »

Mack wrote:Curiosity. . .why all the Mario bashing? Did he hit soemone's puppy or run over a kitten?

Mack
Don't get me started....let's just say some of us(not all of us) think he's just a tad overrated.

Sbenford
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by Sbenford »

Don't get me started....let's just say that some of us(not all of us) think he is the best all arounder that ever lived. :wink:

As for Nigel, what a tool.
Probably the worst actor / drama queen that ever stepped in a race car.
You guys would not believe the sissy fit Nigel threw and the chewing out he gave to his crew when Mario pipped him for the pole at MIS in 1993 and broke the closed course speed record. I was there and 30 feet away from him when it happened. If Nigel's mother had been there, he would have certainly got a "time out" from her. :D

Mario had more class in his little finger than Nigel has in his whole body.

lumpulus
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by lumpulus »

Isn't it amazing how two people who have alot in common as far as being a racing fan and a modeler goes can have sduch polar opposite opinions on the same driver? :)

Stu, question for you.....how can you call your boy "best all around" if he has never won at Le Mans? :)

SWestern
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by SWestern »

Don't get me started....let's just say some of us(not all of us) think he's just a tad overrated.
I was watching the 1978 DVD review the other night, so I think I know what you mean. RIP RP.