Revell Sauber C22

Area to upload images of work(s) in progress...

Topic author
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

TC
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by TC »

Very nice, although I can see you built it in a hurry. Nevermind, I've done that kit myself, otherwise you probably won't notice! did I not warn you about the tyre decals? The instructions are wrong, your right wheels turn backwards. Try to get them off of the rims and put them on the other way. Don't worry, they start putting them on like that on the real cars, as you can see on the new Williams... :lol:

Topic author
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

No you never said any thing about the tire decals. I am not going to worry about it since I broke my other car last time trying to fix the wheels.

TC
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by TC »

Wolf wrote:No you never said any thing about the tire decals.
That's a shame, I'm sorry! I keep on telling this over and over, because virtually all Revell kits with Brigdestones since the F2002 have the same mistake in the instructions! I don't know about the F2005 but up to that one all of them. Some guy had it wrong on his F2003 and simply exchanged one of the front with one of the rear wheels, but I'm not sure if this helps in your case. Otherwise, leave it as it is, it's not so obvious. your model is nicely built, that's the main point!
forza Ferrari!!!

Topic author
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Thanks, So what do I have to do to the wheel just change the front one with the back one? If thats it I can try since I was not to hard on the wheels putting them in.

TC
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by TC »

Wolf wrote:Thanks, So what do I have to do to the wheel just change the front one with the back one? If thats it I can try since I was not to hard on the wheels putting them in.
take a look at the model: if I got it right, then the wheels on the right have the arrows pointing 'backwards' - they are supposed to point in direction of rotation when the car is moving forward. so changing left/right or front/back will not help, since on the left both front and rear are correct. If you manage to take the tyres off the rims - which I remember was not easy to do! - then you can do that with the wheels on the right side and put them back on the other way. the danger is you ruin the decals/tyres/wheels on this attempt. a lot easier would be to take off the decals, order a new set from Revell with an explanation of the problem plus pics of your model - I expect they will give them for free when you remind them it's their fault!!! - and fix it! On that occation I reccommend you repaint the wheels: the spokes are supposed to be black which looks a lot cooler than plain metal, but ONLY the spokes, the felly and hub remain silver or alu! It's a silly detail but easy to do with a great effect. Another easy improvement is: paint the nuts on the barge boards silver. tiny thing with huge satisfaction factor!
forza Ferrari!!!

Topic author
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Thanks well its a good thing that I used the wheels from my first Sauber so now I can use my left over pair that I did not use. edit I got them fixed that looks alot better easy to get off I did not put the wheels on as hard as I thought and did not ruin the decals glad I clear coated them the other day. Thats again TC really helped me out will take more pictures later.

TC
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by TC »

Wolf wrote:Thanks well its a good thing that I used the wheels from my first Sauber so now I can use my left over pair that I did not use.
Oh great, you're lucky! By the way, what's the matter with the other one, why didn't you finish it? It might still be a nice subject for a pits diorama with wheels taken off, may even hood open - but then you would have to do a lot about the engine and transmission as they are very coarse in this kit, they don't even touch! Whow, you could do a lot, also cut the nose and put it on a rack aside:
forza Ferrari!!!

Topic author
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Whats wrong with it I got yellow on the top of the car on the RedBull decal I broke the rear wing on it and broke the front left suspension putting the wheels on to hard. The build was cursed. I was brave with the wheels on this car since I got it for free and noting to loose.

TC
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by TC »

Wolf wrote:Whats wrong with it I got yellow on the top of the car on the RedBull decal I broke the rear wing on it and broke the front left suspension putting the wheels on to hard. The build was cursed. I was brave with the wheels on this car since I got it for free and noting to loose.
:lol: ok that's quite a mess! For this time you're lucky to have the wheels, and with the 'broken' one, sounds like you could fix it if you dare the effort. May be hard to turn it into a brilliant display model, but certainly for some kind of diorama a very nice subject - in case one has interest in dioramas, which I personally not really do.... It may still turn out a valuable source of spare parts for any kind of subjects, and a template for testing new techniques!
forza Ferrari!!!