Topic author
KekekeRosberg
F2
F2
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Onyx
Canada

MFH - 1/20 Ferrari 156/85 multi-media kit

Post by KekekeRosberg »

Photos from the instruction book - for those of you who are interested in this kit, you might take a look at the construction steps of this kit.

kits wanted:
Studio27 - 1985 McLaren MP4/2B - found it!!!
Studio27 - 1985 Williams FW10 - found it!!!

lezdep
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Canada

Re: MFH - 1:20 Ferrari 156/85 multi-media kit

Post by lezdep »

I have yet to build MFH full detail kit, but I've built couple of EJan/DTM and S27 curbside kits. All required extra drilling, bending,
trimming, etc. to get good fit. I assume full detail kits require less of those, but don't be afraid to drill, trim, etc. as needed. That's
pretty much normal with MM kits. If you start a WIP, I will follow closely. I like this car a lot and have same kit as well. I think you
won't regret investing into Iwata air-brush. Certainly one the best investments I've made in this hobby so far. Good luck !

tonym
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by tonym »

Hi Kekeke,
Welcome aboard. I'm really glad you bought this kit, as I'm keen to see it being built. I have the S27 one, which I'll start in a few weeks so it will be good to see the comparison.
I too brought an Iwata recently. I've been delighted with it so far.
Cheers
Tony
Kits Wanted:

AMC Tyrrell 020B conversion
AMC Tyrrell 020C conversion

Please PM if you want to sell one.

Shunter
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Alfa Romeo, McLaren, Williams
Australia

Post by Shunter »

Nice kit and a gorgeous car, who will you do??? Johanson? Look forward to seeing more.

Topic author
KekekeRosberg
F2
F2
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Onyx
Canada

Post by KekekeRosberg »

Shunter wrote:Nice kit and a gorgeous car, who will you do??? Johanson? Look forward to seeing more.
I'll be doing both the Alboreto and Johansson cars - one with closed sidepods / engine cover and the other car open. :)

kits wanted:
Studio27 - 1985 McLaren MP4/2B - found it!!!
Studio27 - 1985 Williams FW10 - found it!!!

Shunter
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Alfa Romeo, McLaren, Williams
Australia

Post by Shunter »

I always liked the orange highlights on SJ's car...

jordan
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jordan »

Hello Friend.Welcome and thanks very much for the preview.You would not have many choices if you build the Arnoux car.He was fired after the Brazilian GP when messing around with some Ferrari bloke's wife.. :lol: Poor Rene,I would loved to seen him driving that car...

Alex Nahooy.

Tiffoc
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: FERRARI...
Great Britain

Re: MFH - 1/20 Ferrari 156 / 85 multi-media kit

Post by Tiffoc »

KekekeRosberg wrote:Hi guys - thanks for your messages, maybe i should do a quick little introduction of myself.

Many years ago when i was still a teenager, i've built a few Tamiya 1/20 F1 plastic kits until they stopped releasing F1 kit in the mid 90s. At that time, I thought Tamiya was the only good manufacturer of F1 model, so i stopped collecting 1/20 F1 kits and shifted my focus onto F1 diecasts by Minichamps. As years gone by, Minichamps has released some classic 1/18 F1 cars but the choices are very limited and lacks the details.

Then one day, i discovered all these 1/20 F1 kits produced by Studio 27 which i never saw in any of the hobby shops and it opened my eyes that there are actually many classic F1 kits available (not just the few ones from Tamiya). So i decided to get a few F1 kits to renew my 1/20 F1 kits collections. During the last 10 years, i've built a few Tameo 1/43 white metal kits but the details is nowhere near these MFH kits. So on one hand i'm excited to start working on this kit but on the other hand quite nervous as i know that it requires lots of skill and patience.

I will try my best and i've even purchased a iwata airbrush and compressor as i think these kits deserve better finish quality.

You will surprize yourself, you have plenty of experience building models, those Tameo builds will stand you in good stead, they have given you experience of working with white metal and possibly resin. Its not as daunting as it seems really, you'll be anxious to do it again when you've finished. There is a real feeling of achievment when you sit back to look at your finished labour of love. Enjoy the build with patience and have FUN... :D
I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting, even when there's only a slightest chance.
Michael Schumacher