Fujimi 1/24 Ferrari Superamerica

Le Mans, Trans-Am, road racing, etc.

Topic author
chaldane
Formula e
Formula e
Your Name: Corbin
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: I don't have a favorite team or driver. It varies from race to race.
United States of America

Fujimi 1/24 Ferrari Superamerica

Post by chaldane »

FINALLY finished this one! I think the kit was cursed. No mater how carefully I tried to polish the paint I ended up going down to the primer! I stripped the whole thing, reprimered, repainted and then did it again!!! :x After I totally buggered up the smoke tint I was spraying on the convertible top, I stripped that off and decided to just leave it clear.

The kit doesn't come with the small console for adjusting the tint of the top so I made one from scratch. Also, the small panel with the two buttons and small lever (for the transmission selection I think) only comes for the right-hand drive version so I had to make one that faced the proper direction. I made seat belts from black ribbon and carved the buckles from scrap plastic.

My job of the last 16 years was outsourced to India and I was laid off in October. I still haven't found a new job so I don't think I'll find a bank to finance the $300,000 I need to get a real one, so this smaller version will have to do. :P

Cheers, Corbin

F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda Brabham Alfa
United States of America

Re: Fujimi 1/24 Ferrari Superamerica

Post by F1tommy »

Looks nice. I thought only Revell made a SuperAmerica?

Tom Tanner/Scale Designs/Ferrari Expo 2009 model contest-Chicago April 25th 2009

Mihec
Formula e
Formula e

Re: Fujimi 1/24 Ferrari Superamerica

Post by Mihec »

Nice F1 undercover scale model! :D

Paint Jop looks good to me, and also so popular in these days, panoramic roof.
www.mihec-space.tk << My Hompage <<