M@r!b*r* Decals

For rumors about F1 scale models...

Topic author
yuchris

M@r!b*r* Decals

Post by yuchris »

I just heard some rumour from my friend who went to a model exhibition held in Japan. He said that sources from Studio 27 told him that Philip Morris just started to tell the after market decal manufacturers to stop selling decals with their cigarette labels.

Best regards

daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Schumacher
Germany

RE: M@r!b*r* Decals

Post by daniel »

well, that news is allready a few months old :-) most onlinestores don't sell tabacco decals anymore...

but I don't seen any danger that we won't have tabaccos in the future, there will be allways someone who makes them.

daniel
-germany-

Topic author

Re: M@r!b*r* Decals

Post by Guest »

They can't stop people with software and a good printer who keep a collection private. The whole no tobacco sponsors is nothing more than political correctness gone totally out of hand. What is next? We have to build models where a tampon manufacture is the sponsor? M&Ms? Screw that. Motor sport is a big persons sport and big people sometimes smoke and dare I say gasp drink. All these companies have been kind to motor sport. I don't recall being influenced to smoke because of a decal. Maybe Jim Hunt with a M@r!b*r* is something but even that aint enough.

Oh and this is very old news. These sort of decals have gone underground. Too bad because I don't mind a paying a bit more for a licensed product. A quality product.

TheHoodedClaw
World Champion
World Champion

Post by TheHoodedClaw »

I have to sy this is nothing about political correctness more about protecting their intellectual property and making big profits from licencing. Or at least that is what one of their UK Lawyers told me some months ago in the pub.

H
What lurks beneath the Jungle canopy? Only the Claw knows!

Topic author

Post by Guest »

I didn't write that Phillip Morris was being politically correct. I wrote that dumb people are. Driving good sponsors out of racing. I've given PM enough money by way of their products. They owe me some decals at the least.

43rdMichael
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by 43rdMichael »

I see rumours that M are looking to abandon their sponsorship arrangement with Ferrari at the end of this year. Apparently they are getting more heat than their competitors on a bunch of other issues that are more important to them and will quit the 'backdoor' sponsorship of F1 (putting the car on the cigarette rather than the logo on the car) to buy themselves some negotiating capital....