Polishing 2-pack clear coats

Beware of all the tiny parts...

For all posts related to 43rd scale models.

Topic author
notime4me
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Polishing 2-pack clear coats

Post by notime4me »

I have been using Tamiya TS 13 but would like to try the 2 pack clear coats (I have some from Finishers and Hiroboy). When spraying Tamiya paints I know that each coat wil melt a little into the previous coat so it becomes a homogeneous layer but I am worried with the 2 pack system that I can polish through a coat of clear and you will see a 'ring' where the 2 layers meet. Is this the case?

DM
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Re: Polishing 2-pack clear coats

Post by DM »

notime4me wrote:I have been using Tamiya TS 13 but would like to try the 2 pack clear coats (I have some from Finishers and Hiroboy). When spraying Tamiya paints I know that each coat wil melt a little into the previous coat so it becomes a homogeneous layer but I am worried with the 2 pack system that I can polish through a coat of clear and you will see a 'ring' where the 2 layers meet. Is this the case?
yes, this is the case for 2K clear. So, try to avoid over-polish on the top clear layer

daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Schumacher
Germany

RE: Re: Polishing 2-pack clear coats

Post by daniel »

does that happen with zero prethinned clear alos ?!? I had that effect very little on one car and leary nothin on another..polishing and sandinf was the same

daniel
-germany-