WIP: Revell F2007 and MP4/20 Test Version

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Topic author
tgoncalves
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

WIP: Revell F2007 and MP4/20 Test Version

Post by tgoncalves »

Hi Guys,

I got some pics of the Revell F2007 that I am busy with, not as good as a tamiya or a mm kit but it is still a nice little kit to say the least.
I did the body work over the weekend and gave it a coating in Gold, but if anyone does this I recommend finding a gold where the particles are a lot finer – wanted to try the tamiya gold or titanium gold but for some reason I cannot find these metallic colours at the hobby shops around London.
After the gold came the clear red (x-27), 5 or 6 very light coats else it tends to “lump” up and create dark spots, anyways waiting for the paint to dry out now so I can do a little bit of sanding and polishing.

There are diffrent scene some on the sun other on my table,

While we are sharing pics I wanted to show my mp4/20 it also a WIP , I just love the orange test cars ... btw this mp4/20 might not be 100% historically as to shape driver - number (just dont tell anyone)

Thank you for looking ! - and comments and questions are always welcomed
PS- The photos are from a camera phone and is not the best quality
Attachments
Revell F2007 bodywork
Revell F2007 bodywork
revf200701.jpg (88.06 KiB) Viewed 729 times
Revell F2007 bodywork
Revell F2007 bodywork
revf200702.jpg (81.69 KiB) Viewed 728 times
Revell F2007 bodywork
Revell F2007 bodywork
revf200703.jpg (57.66 KiB) Viewed 724 times
Revell F2007 bodywork
Revell F2007 bodywork
revf200704.jpg (142.83 KiB) Viewed 738 times
Revell F2007 bodywork
Revell F2007 bodywork
revf200705.jpg (136.41 KiB) Viewed 731 times
Revell F2007 decal
Revell F2007 decal
revf200706.jpg (171.39 KiB) Viewed 726 times
mp4/20 Test ver
mp4/20 Test ver
mc4.jpg (112.15 KiB) Viewed 729 times

indycals
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Indycals
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

RE: WIP: Revell F2007 and MP4/20 Test Version

Post by indycals »

You may very well have hit on the best way to paint the Ferrari - looks good.

Mr.Grumpy
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jacques Villeneuve
Canada

Post by Mr.Grumpy »

ok, so i've been testing out all sorts of combinations for the red but have not tried the gold. will give it a try. are you happy with the colour?

your builds look great btw.

Topic author
tgoncalves
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by tgoncalves »

Thank you Indycal ! - Grumpy Yes i must say I am very pleased with the result beside from maybe trying to find a finer gold particle the results are brilliant and would not think twice in doing it again, I have also tried a silver test shot but some how it just does not look the same as the gold - believe me the photos do not do it justice - now I just need to find some 1/24 M@r!b*r* 2007 decals and were all set ! btw what are you building that need the colour ?

Mr.Grumpy
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jacques Villeneuve
Canada

Post by Mr.Grumpy »

i'll be building the F2007 tameo 1/43. haven't started yet as i have 3 on the go at the moment. want to get the colour nailed down first. probably start in a few weeks.

Topic author
tgoncalves
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by tgoncalves »

Just a quick update about the build F2007 (I will try and post some pics later)

After spending a bit of time on the F056 motor it looks quite nice, I wont be putting the motor inside the car because it looks to good to be hidden away and i am not doing a cutaway of the engine cover- i will scratbuild some exshaust and put the motor on a stand next to the car.

Overall the fit is impressive and I have had my moments with the front wing only to later read in the manual a different way of approaching the wing assembly wich makes it quite easy - just proves once again to RTFM.

Hope to post some pictures soon !

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

As I sugest on other thread, maybe best way to cut away the engine cover is following with a Xacto the panel lines, then gently bend: it'll easily break.
The tricky problem is the angle! You might cut it truly and then proceed as I say with the more difficult near-the-cockpit line.
One tool that is good for cutting pannels -actually cutting them without using the bending factor- is a blade of the typical multiblade gilettte razors. But they are REALLY dangerous, but cut the material as cheese -wouldn't say butter- and with no material lose.
BTW, the Mc has MSM or OSO decals? I'd say they are MSM, right?

Topic author
tgoncalves
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Re: RE: WIP: Revell F2007 and MP4/20 Test Version

Post by tgoncalves »

JamesB wrote:As I sugest on other thread, maybe best way to cut away the engine cover is following with a Xacto the panel lines, then gently bend: it'll easily break.
The tricky problem is the angle! You might cut it truly and then proceed as I say with the more difficult near-the-cockpit line.
One tool that is good for cutting pannels -actually cutting them without using the bending factor- is a blade of the typical multiblade gilettte razors. But they are REALLY dangerous, but cut the material as cheese -wouldn't say butter- and with no material lose.
BTW, the Mc has MSM or OSO decals? I'd say they are MSM, right?
Right !

It is a combination of MSM (MSMD035) and Crazy Modeler (DC-0127) I am still not sure how i ended up buying both sets but in the end I was happy i did, the MSM ones are very high quality print BUT the decals are one flat sheet there are no "halos" that seperate the decals if you know what i mean, the CrzyMod decals not so good print quality but easier to work with ! I have no OSO decals.
Attachments
mc5.jpg
mc5.jpg (65.44 KiB) Viewed 510 times
mc6.jpg
mc6.jpg (105.87 KiB) Viewed 515 times

TheHoodedClaw
World Champion
World Champion

Re: RE: WIP: Revell F2007 and MP4/20 Test Version

Post by TheHoodedClaw »

Mr.Grumpy wrote:i'll be building the F2007 tameo 1/43. haven't started yet as i have 3 on the go at the moment. want to get the colour nailed down first. probably start in a few weeks.
Been playing around with a few test scraps before building my Tameo kit. I think the best result I've had was Alclad Pale Gold overcoated with Alclad Clear Red.

I've ordered a Revell kit so I'll test it on that before commiting to my sacred Tameo kits.

H

CBartholomew4677
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Chris Bartholomew
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Forza Ferrari!!!
United States of America

Post by CBartholomew4677 »

Great idea for the Ferrari pearl red. I've got this in a couple different offerings and have been pondering how to do this for some time now. Considered the Tamita Red Mica, but way too dark, in my opinion. Nice solution, that's why this forum is great, lots of good advice and help!!
Cheers,
Chris