Custom made decals

Beware of all the tiny parts...

For all posts related to 43rd scale models.

Topic author
fozzys

Custom made decals

Post by fozzys »

This is my first post on the site-and I hope this subject has not been covered before.(I have searched) I have been collecting 1/43 handbuilt cars driven by Riccardo Patrese for several years (55 so far) and wonder if anyone knows of a good source to have custom made 1/43 decals made. For example I have an Alfa 75 from the 1987 season that could be converted to a 1988 Patrese version from the ITCC with a change of driver name on a windscreen visor and a different race number that also included some sponser decals.Or a F3 Chevron from a kit produced by his late brother that could be converted to his Monza Lotteria winning car with the addition of a sponser decal for 'Life.' I have read elsewhere of Alpi printers and designing your own decals via home computer but I really dont think I have the skill or the patience to do the job. Does anyone know of someone that I can pay to produce custom made decals on this one off kind of basis? I can supply photographs or the original decals for the car that would need to be amended. The Goodwood Festival of Speed silver competitor number decals are another item that springs to mind-perhaps they in particular could have a wider appeal if the silver disc could be produced with a separate group of numbers so that several versions could be made?

little-cars
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

RE: Custom made decals

Post by little-cars »

The biggest problem is getting the artwork correct.

You can print decals on your inkjet, or these days your color laser printer using either clear or white decal film.

Alternatively you can get them printed on an Alps / OKI ribon printer. These can print white, silver and gold.

Mr.Grumpy
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jacques Villeneuve
Canada

RE: Custom made decals

Post by Mr.Grumpy »

contact jamesb on this site, he might be able to help you out.

Topic author
fozzys

Custom made decals

Post by fozzys »

That's great tks for the info will give him a try. I read the post elsewhere on custom decals. Tks again.