Kit reviews

Topic author
daneri
Formula e
Formula e

McLaren M23

Post by daneri »

Hi
I just started my build of the Tamiya 1/12 Texaco M@r!b*r* McLaren M23 and have ordered a set of racing harnesses from Mediamax. Now i wonder if anybody know how the belts were attached to the chassis? I would apreciate if someone had a picture or could tell otherwise how this looked early season 1974. Thank you.
/Dan

Pancho

Post by Pancho »

Looks like they are attached between the seat and the cowling.

Pancho

Post by Pancho »

I just now saw the other thread dealing with this topic. Sorry!

Nigel
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by Nigel »

The Media Mix belts are good. You get the proper blue material, hardware and the various manufacturer patches. In this case, Willens. The missing bit are the 'T' brackets for mounting.

I have the early Texaco McLaren which will be made up as the 1973 Yardley Hulme car. The question I have was whether or not the spacer was in at the gear box. If this needs to be omitted, then I need to make new connecting rods (from bulkhead to hub assemblies). This will have to be done with metal rods inserted into the kit fitting brackets or new brackets made from brass and soldered.

The Texaco decal sets I have will not go to waste as the later Yardley car will be made into the late season Fittipaldi car. Need to find a pair of 'California Mirrors".

I have order the Motorsport in Detail dvd on the M23. For these and to see how the wiring and hydraulic lines were plumbed through the car.