CK
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: C K
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, McLaren, Williams
Canada

Re: Video of the Meng 1/24 McLaren MP4/4

Post by CK »

It looks like it is a pretty detailed kit.

It is interesting that the author compares the Meng to an old Gunze kit (I believe).

Mine was shipped from Hong Kong and will arrive in a month or so. It costs me 75 Cdn total, which is a very reasonable price for a detailed kit like this one.
C K
Canada

F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda Brabham Alfa
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

Looks very nice. Should go together really nicely with the 1/24th Hachette 1980's F1 turbo cars. This hardly looks like the Gunze kit at all, other than to a blind man. Hachette and Studio 27 made models of this car curbside.

CK
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Canada

Post by CK »

I don't understand Japanese. From the image, the author is comparing the body of the Meng kit to that of the Gunze kit. It looks like they are almost the same in dimension. This indicates that both kits are correct. The Gunze is a motorized kit with no details and the floor and suspension are not very accurate. I like the decal sheet. It has all the sponsors.

I have the Gunze kit too and will build it into the early version for Prost's win in Brazil.
C K
Canada

F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda Brabham Alfa
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

CK wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:18 am I don't understand Japanese. From the image, the author is comparing the body of the Meng kit to that of the Gunze kit. It looks like they are almost the same in dimension. This indicates that both kits are correct. The Gunze is a motorized kit with no details and the floor and suspension are not very accurate. I like the decal sheet. It has all the sponsors.

I have the Gunze kit too and will build it into the early version for Prost's win in Brazil.
The video is good but hard to follow. Yes the Gunze did have ok decals but it was so simple. This new kit looks almost as good as the old Rosso 1/24th Ferrari F1 kits. We will see soon enough after we can look them over in person. I have several sets of decals from the old Studio 27 kit I will use. The Hachette version is much more accurate, and Museum Collection has gone crazy producing add on decals for the Hachette 1/24th F1 series. But those are all curbside. The Meng looks like an honest full detail effort.

CK
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Canada

Post by CK »

Yes, this is why I have ordered one. In a month or so, I will have the kit.
C K
Canada