Re: MFH for April 2024

Post by 43rdMichael »

Nakajima.

43rdMichael
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by 43rdMichael »

donnieleblanc wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:28 pm I agree it’s an odd choice given the car didn’t perform particularly well. Perhaps MFH thinks it will sell well in specific markets, possibly Brazil and Japan.

Like all MFH kits, even the ones I don’t have interest in, I hope it sells well. I want them to keep producing kits because eventually they will make something that interests me (Jordan or Benetton) or the other builders on this board and that’s a good thing. While I have never thought, “I wish someone would make a Lotus 100T in 1/12 scale,” I am sure there are some folks out there who are delighted about this choice and I’m happy for those builders.

I think this has been discussed on this site before, but does anybody know what quantity of kits MFH produces for their first production run of a given model? I remember hearing it’s a very limited number.
They used to include the number of kits to be produced on their website. Usually 200-300 per release. Eg 100 version a, 50 version b, 50 of c.

allnie
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell. Lotus. McLaren.
Denmark

Post by allnie »

I am not a big fan of the Lotus 100. But still nice to get that model available in 1/12. Tamiya returned to 1/12 F1 models with the 1990 Ferrari 641/2. But BEFORE that Tamiya was very close to do the Lotus 100 as the return to 1/12 F1 models. It was the perfect mix: Honda + Japanese driver + Team Lotus. But soon it became obvious to Tamiya, that the car did not perform as expected and they dropped that project.
Br
Allan

donnieleblanc
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by donnieleblanc »

They used to include the number of kits to be produced on their website. Usually 200-300 per release. Eg 100 version a, 50 version b, 50 of c
Thanks for passing the info along! That helps me decide when I’m deciding to buy a MFH kit. If it’s something I really like, like the MP4/8, I’ll buy two.