dingo07
Formula e
Formula e
Your Name: DJ
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lewis Hamilton
United States of America

Re: Thunder Valley still in business?

Post by dingo07 »

indycals wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:41 pm Frankly he could be brought up on charges of mail fraud - a federal felony...
This cost money to do from what I understand. Why spend possibly thousands in legal fees to get your three or four hundred back?

or do I have this wrong... is it free?

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

Criminal charges are free, but its going to take time for interviews and the like if they decide to investigate. Its unlikely they'll meet you after work. Its also something where lots of people are going to have to complain to get anything moving.

The clearest way to do this would be small claims court, and do it in his town of business, which will obviously cost a lot of money.

As Indycals said, this is why I use Paypal and take note of when the expiration date for making a claim is if there have been issues with someone. I've had terrible luck with most US based model car shops (not Indycals) and have had to use it more than once to get a product sent.

SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nelson Piquet
United States of America

Post by SBEST »

I just follow two rules:

Buyer beware.
Seller beware

Unfortunate, but you have to be vigilant.

Steve

iamf1
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: I don't really have a favorite driver or team. I used to, but not any more.
United States of America

Post by iamf1 »

Hi Guys, this is Mac. Yes I am still around, as Arizona Racing Models LLC. (AZRM)
I still don't have a place to set up business yet, for manufacturing AZRM items. I do have a few sets of wheels on hand for the FW14B, MP4/6 and Ferrari 641/2.
I am still selling MFH kits with a 10% discount, and having them drop shipped to anywhere in the world. If you want any.
You can contact me at orders@azracingmodels.com or personally at iammacf1@gmail.com
I was in the process of producing a 1:6 scale Manx Norton when I had to shut down operations. The prototype model is about 80% finished.
Also remember I never take your money until something is ready. I will ask for interest or a promise to buy, but that's it.
I'm sorry to hear so many of you have gone through this with Paul....TWICE now.
Cheers,
Mac
Facebook: Arizona Racing Models

tubegenius
Top Designer
Top Designer
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Honda powered teams
United States of America

Post by tubegenius »

Great to hear from you, Mac. I am wondering if you still have AZMP-M23-1201 available. It's the correct air box for Peter Revson 1973 Yardley McLaren. I've tried you via Facebook and by your email address, but haven't heard back.

iamf1
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: I don't really have a favorite driver or team. I used to, but not any more.
United States of America

Post by iamf1 »

Hi Bill,
I did respond on Facebook and just sent you an email, but the answer is Yes, I do have some Air-boxes. I have to get them out of my storage.
I shouldn't steel this thread. I should probably create a new one.
Cheers,
Mac
Facebook: Arizona Racing Models

flashman
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell
United States of America

Post by flashman »

tubegenius wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:18 pm Great to hear from you, Mac. I am wondering if you still have AZMP-M23-1201 available. It's the correct air box for Peter Revson 1973 Yardley McLaren.
Just thought I'd share that I had got that same airbox from Mac a year or two (or so) ago, as I also someday hope to build Revson's British GP winner, and was very pleased with with it. Very nice casting (and packaging), and it should just snap on the Tamiya kit with no problem. Now I just need to get off my butt and order the decals from Indycals... :roll:

Mac, glad to know you are/will be still active, and rooting for things to go well for you. Each time I did business with you (not as many times as I would have liked to...), it was always a most pleasant experience. And I often look at the MFH Sunoco 917/30 reissue I got thru you, and dream of having enough courage to attempt to build it! But at least I have it, thanks to you. :D

Cameron
Last edited by flashman on Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

lep
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Stephane
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
Canada

Post by lep »

Good to see that you are back Mac. Sent you a MFH order for the 158 F1 and 512F1.

:D :D

billgtp
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Chapmans Lotus, James Hunt
United States of America

Post by billgtp »

I haven"t posted for along time because I have been busy rebuilding a 1.1 1971 240z and not building models. But I do drop in once i awhile to see whats going on.
I just can"t believe this clown is still around after what happen over 10 years ago. I would never purchase anything from this guy or even look at his website after that