1/12 Lotus 99t NUNU

Post away...

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: 1/12 Lotus 99t NUNU

Post by gp-models »

Gorf wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:48 pm I'm messing around with different stages of construction and I wanted to see if I needed to shave off the heat shields on the bottom tray)part# A 4) so that the P E parts had good clearance.
I can't get the p e off the backing sheet.the parts on the clear backing are no problem but the transparent green sheet is not co-operating.
I have tried lacquer thinner, no luck.Any suggestions?
I messaged Beemax and they said they would "get back to me" that was 3 days ago.Maybe they haven't figured it out yet either!:)
Steve
Hi Steve,

regarding the green foil, laquer thinner can melt it and makes it more sticking to the metal finaly, i guess alcohol like Isopropanol alcohol would work better. ;)
I think these parts are made by Top Studio as they use the same technic to produce edged parts. Right one side of these foils is a bit more sticky to the surface, a fiddly job but once you have a starting point, it can be removed.
Take a stand!

Inuyasha
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Germany

Post by Inuyasha »

No one with a WIP about this kit around?
So far i`ve seen different opinions on this kit, worth to buy it or not??

scaleautofactory
Midfield
Midfield
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: LH44
Germany

Post by scaleautofactory »

Inuyasha wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:32 pm No one with a WIP about this kit around?
I work on this "kit". No progress report here because Criticism is not allowed here...
For me, this kit got the award of the worst plastic kit in 2023.

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

Inuyasha wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:32 pm No one with a WIP about this kit around?
Its worth a buy if you're willing to work with it. It won't be Tamiya quality, but its also not Tamiya pricing either. And if you want to see more 1/12 plastic F1 kits, buy it to show there is interest.

Throughout this thread there are pictures of the kit too.

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

stubeck wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:12 pm
It won't be Tamiya quality, but its also not Tamiya pricing either.
Well, as far as i see, Tamiya re releases like Lotus 78, P34 and so on are in the meantime much cheaper then this one! Maybe you have a different source where to buy it, but in generell Tamiya kits are much cheaper.
When it comes to OOP kits from Tamiya like FW 14b for example you might be right.
Take a stand!

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

gp-models wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:01 am
stubeck wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:12 pm
It won't be Tamiya quality, but its also not Tamiya pricing either.
Well, as far as i see, Tamiya re releases like Lotus 78, P34 and so on are in the meantime much cheaper then this one! Maybe you have a different source where to buy it, but in generell Tamiya kits are much cheaper.
When it comes to OOP kits from Tamiya like FW 14b for example you might be right.
I was referring to Tamiya new mold pricing. We know what the SF70H kit pricing was compared to a Ferrari F1-2000 when they were both new. Tamiya has never made a 1/12 MP4/4 or Lotus 99T kit, so we can't compare exactly, but I suspect we'd be looking at a $350-$400 price if they made a new kit...with much better molding and detail of course!

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

I think he and myself are only up for what`s existing, not "what might be if" models. ;)
Take a stand!

Topic author
plastiksurgeon
Team Owner
Team Owner

Post by plastiksurgeon »

I'm sure I will cause a lot of stir here, but I am really happy with this kit and the detail set provided by beemax. Even though I am in the very early stages, (after doing hours of study and fitting) and the more I build this kit/detail set, the more I like it.

Sure, there are probably always shortcomings to every kit.... but I for one, am just happy to have this thing available at the level that it is.

I started this thread when we were still a long ways away from even seeing this kit, and now it has come to fruition.

I'm a happy man ! And, I'm going to enjoy building this model. Photographs when I'm done.

Cheers,
Steve Mohlenkamp
when I was young, all the boys made model cars, ...some of us just never stopped !

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

gp-models wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:29 am I think he and myself are only up for what`s existing, not "what might be if" models. ;)
Of course, but I'm explaining what to expect from an existing kit.

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Maybe i don`t got it, but what should the might be price tell me about the quality of that kit which exists??

By the way, i would like to get more informations about the problems of this kit Torsten, please don`t be afraid to take a stand as it will help others to judge on their own if they might face trouble when building it, or even the descision to buy it! ;)
Take a stand!