IMPRESSIVE! Maisto 1/6 Ducati GP21

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

IMPRESSIVE! Maisto 1/6 Ducati GP21

Post by JamesB »

Soon as this nice idea of a MGP subforum goes growing, you´ll hear us moan about the absence of a nice option of ANY post 2012 Ducatis... There´s an ugly (but hmmmm...) New Ray for 2015, but that´s all she wrote.
Buuuut!!! it was with happiness I recently learnt about a 1/6th Die cast. I duly bought it, actually two of them.
Kinda 45 50eu, at your home.
I just received them today and well, the bike is quite impressive. OK, it´s a quite basic diecast and nowhere near a Tamiya or Mnichamps thing, but peasant and well done.
Good news (for me) is that rather than a Diecast it´s a built plastic kit, as only the fuel cell cover is metal. Rest is plastic.
Shinny, well decalled with tampography (is that the word?) and the CF features are molded in, so they´ll probably survive a thin painting.
As I have not evolved from the 12 years old kid, the first thing I do with those thing is unassemble them. :lol: :lol: OK; you can see th parts here. Yes, NO engine sorry!

Dede
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Dede
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: ....
Ireland

Re: IMPRESSIVE! Maisto 1/6 Ducati GP21

Post by Dede »

That looks nice enough and definately worth the sub €50 :shock: , overall shape is good.

My eye on these 'die cast' is always drawn first the front end and in particular the bottom of the forks, the brake calipers and details there etc, unfortunately this lets it down here, but at the price couldn't complain.
I wonder would anyone consider to 3D printing the bottom of the forks set up?? cut at the base of fork stantion/slider top, same for possibly the chunky foot pegs and bits like this?? with a few nicely printed additions it coiuld be transformed into something quite good/nice.
Also if i had the capabilities print a set of body decals and paint the red plastic..
Dede.

capri-schorsch
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Christian
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Carlos Sainz
Jamaica

Post by capri-schorsch »

I also ordered 2 of them. Should be arrive tomorrow here.
I also could print additional stuff for it. But without a proper CAD file I can't. James and I searched for a while now but I didn't found anything useful for it.
Any designer here who wants to do some parts?

Regards Christian
Resin Kits and Parts for Sale
Porsche 962 in 1/8 Scale IMSA & Shorttail New!

http://mezzo-mix-models.jimdo.com

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Maybe, just maybe!! :wink: my skills are enough to make forks. That’d spur me! Besides they’d be useful both for 1/6 and 1/12 :mrgreen: Btw you lol be happy when you see it, Christian 8)
Ah! Dede, not bare red plastic but actually painted. Not bad at all except the orange that should be FLUO (I checked at Cheste)
You’re right Dede, it’s the front end that usually sets the quality of the model :wink:
Also a problem of the fork is that calipers are not in the right place. They should “sink in” inside the wheel, closer to center. There’s room for a dogs fight between disk and fork.
Decals yes, that will be done since I need them for the 2/12
Last but not least I might develope a smaller, 22-23 spec cupola. And decals for Martin, Márquez... 8)

Dede
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Ireland

Post by Dede »

That's a good thought to build a Martinator 1/6 version, nice. And even the Marquez test bike would be unique in 1/6, Pramac and VR46 team Ducati??
Is it possible still to get one of these at the price you found James?
I have a couple of 1/6 Minichamps Ducati I managed to pick up at a low price on eBay years ago that one of these GP21/22 would look good beside, even the Minichamps 1/6 which are very well produced leave room for improvement at the front end...
Thanks.
Dede.

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Dede wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:12 am That's a good thought to build a Martinator 1/6 version, nice. And even the Marquez test bike would be unique in 1/6, Pramac and VR46 team Ducati??
I have a couple of 1/6 Minichamps Ducati I managed to pick up at a low price on eBay years ago that one of these GP21/22 would look good beside, even the Minichamps 1/6 which are very well produced leave room for improvement at the front end...
Thanks.
Well, Dede :D my same bikes at the same shop cost now 69 :shock: :cry:
I found these anyway, at 52
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/10050060 ... 0627321%21
Yes, long link!! :lol: hope it works.
In fact mine should have been cheaper, at some 42, as I could use a discount token. But sale was deleted as they ran out of stock.. but I could not get my token back! :cry: :lol:
Not sure, maybe now the championship is won, prices raise.
Yes, the Minichamps also have that weak link, the fork and brakes!
BTW... anyone interested in nice rider figure? 8)

Dede
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Ireland

Post by Dede »

JamesB wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:25 am
Dede wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:12 am That's a good thought to build a Martinator 1/6 version, nice. And even the Marquez test bike would be unique in 1/6, Pramac and VR46 team Ducati??
Thanks.
Well, Dede :D my same bikes at the same shop cost now 69 :shock: :cry:
I found these anyway, at 52
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/10050060 ... 0627321%21
Yes, long link!! :lol: hope it works.
In fact mine should have been cheaper, at some 42, as I could use a discount token. But sale was deleted as they ran out of stock.. but I could not get my token back! :cry: :lol:
Not sure, maybe now the championship is won, prices raise.
Yes, the Minichamps also have that weak link, the fork and brakes!
BTW... anyone interested in nice rider figure? 8)
Thanks for that James , I guess shifting items dictate price also, popular item :wink: .. I noticed Maisto have the Pramac Ducati's in 1:18 so it is possible they might give a Martin 1:6 version if their marketing directors see a profit in it.
Dede.