1/12 Lotus 99t NUNU

Post away...

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: 1/12 Lotus 99t NUNU

Post by gp-models »

Yeah that part looks not good, needs a reconstruction as 3D print to bring it into shape.
I did not noticed the direction in the first, but your right, needs a 180° turn, 3 oil lines are running to the front and one overflow is going to the backend.
Take a stand!

Gorf
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Steve
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Post by Gorf »

I looked over my G parts and I have the same depression in part as you but not as deep and it is centered.Looking also at your reference photo ( I have the same one) that is a busy little part for them to have gotten it that poorly represented.
A 3D print would be nice.Is anybody listening?:)
Steve

scaleautofactory
Midfield
Midfield
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: LH44
Germany

Post by scaleautofactory »

Can i ask the kit owner a new question regarding the floor.
I have 2 kits and both have the same issue - a Long crack on the left side of the floor with a small hole!
IMG_3928.jpeg
IMG_3927.jpeg
IMG_3926.jpeg
IMG_3925.jpeg
Also the cutout of the floor from the sprue by beemax is a mess.

Thanks.

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jaykay »

Wow. Looks like someone needs to learn the settings of his injection molding machine...

Gorf
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
United States of America

Post by Gorf »

Mine is that way also but a bit longer and not as deep .
Steve

Jordan2.0
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell
Belgium

Post by Jordan2.0 »

OMG...its 2023,looks like this kit is moulded in the '70s

Alex.

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

So far, not realy much NUNU/BEEMAX kits had no issue, even 24 scale. But what i see here is not realy what i expected even it is their first 12 kit.
They seem to have trouble with finding a matching type of plastic and set injection markings at places where they are not realy supposed to be. I wont judge about such problems, might be more troublesome then we think about it, but how do they kick out such mess after years of constructing this kit??
They should spend some more money on the plastic they use or even rework some sections of the molds, would be needed in my opinion.
Hope they don`t mess up MP 4/4 in a similar way, that would be a shame.
Take a stand!

Gorf
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
United States of America

Post by Gorf »

I needed to paint some roll over bars and decided to assemble the one from the 99-T so that I can finish all 4 at same time.Be ready to find some voids in the lager of the two pieces.Not complaining just not right for a kit we have waited on for so long.
I hope they are reading what is being said and take steps to make the MP4/4 better because I just pre-ordered one from Hobby Easy.
$197.90 USD.No release date.
Steve

Gorf
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
United States of America

Post by Gorf »

My complaints until now have been Mickey Mouse but now I have a serious one.While I had parts and glue out assembling rollover bar,I decided to get a start on the engine.All went to human mud at step two.
Between the engine block and part B-20 on the left hand side there is a gap of 2.5 mm at the top.It seems that is throwing everything else out of alignment.
Those that have started this kit,have you had this problem? Torsten I have seen your engine .Did you have this difficulty.
Is there a contest for biggest disappointing kit of the year? This kit could be a winner!
Steve
I am editing this post under recommendation although at this point it may be a bit late.
The misalignment was mostly my fault.There was "blister"on the engine block which was not allowing B 20 to seat properly which threw everything off.
Steve
Thanks Noddy!
Last edited by Gorf on Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scaleautofactory
Midfield
Midfield
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: LH44
Germany

Post by scaleautofactory »

Gorf wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:39 pm My complaints until now have been Mickey Mouse but now I have a serious one.While I had parts and glue out assembling rollover bar,I decided to get a start on the engine.All went to human mud at step two.
Between the engine block and part B-20 on the left hand side there is a gap of 2.5 mm at the top.It seems that is throwing everything else out of alignment.
Those that have started this kit,have you had this problem? Torsten I have seen your engine .Did you have this difficulty.
Is there a contest for biggest disappointing kit of the year? This kit could be a winner!
Steve
Steve, i can confirm - the engine part fit is really poor. And more issue will follow with all the parts around the engine...
(But i'm not a descent modeller - according to a post earlier here in this thread, so there are no kit issues....)
BTW:
The problem is also visible on the beemax test build:
IMG_3098.jpeg
When i look on the test build shots: all issues with the parts around the engine are also happen on my kit...

If the rumor is true: Beemax took over the molds from Tamiya, then it is clear why Tamiya never released this kit.

My presonal detail level ranking of scale 1.12 F1-kits on my stash
1. Tamiya MP4/6, Williams FW14
2.Meng MP4/4
3.Protar MP4/2
4.Beemax Lotus 99T

The best way to present the model: keep it close...
IMG_3973.jpeg