Who will place second in the 2023 US Grand Prix?

Who will place second in the 2023 US Grand Prix?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:30 am

Max
12%
Sergio
18%
Lewis
12%
Fernando
No votes
Carlos
6%
Charles
12%
Lando
18%
George
6%
Oscar
18%
Lance
No votes
Someone Else
No votes

Total votes: 17

bossy122
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Re: Who will place second in the 2023 US Grand Prix?

Post by bossy122 »

And wouldn't have been fun to weight the cars so, with the drivers in them, they weighed the same. I always wondered how Eddie Cheever would have done next to Prost in the RE40 without the Professor being so much lighter in weight. Just fantasies though.

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

Well on the driver weights. Was it car+driver back then or just a minimum weight for the car?
I don't have a clue about current F1 rules, but I know that both car and driver are weighed. There's likely a minimum weight for the car. If there is a combined minimum weight for driver + car, you could make the car lighter and place ballast where you "need it" in the car to match the minimum weight. A lighter driver should always been an advantage, less weight and if a kilo makes such a difference, than tall drivers should be an issue. Kinda like jockeys on horses. Same thing, only more.. badumm-tss... horse power ;)
Cheers,
Roman

bossy122
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bossy122 »

(We've gone WAY off topic here :lol: )It's always been my understanding that the cars have a min weight but the the drivers weight is just pure luck. That's why the small guys have an advantage. Prost was a small guy where as Cheever may have been one of the tallest drivers ever. The Danny Pedrosas of the world really have a weight - or lack there of -advantage.