New Top Studio MotoGP trans kits

Post away...

Topic author
bossy122
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

New Top Studio MotoGP trans kits

Post by bossy122 »

Did anyone else see on Spotmodel, the announcement of 3 Top Studio Moto GP trans kits coming soon to turn an '05 Yamaha YZR M1 into an '09? Has anyone done a trans kit of a kit that actually exists before? Apparently, TS hasn't noticed that getting an '05 donor is just as difficult as getting an '09 kit. Had they made the donor an '04, those can still be found for a reasonable price. Are the '04 and '05 frames that different? As that seems to be THE ONLY donor pieces to be used.

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: New Top Studio MotoGP trans kits

Post by gp-models »

It only makes sence if Tamiya will re release the 05 kit, i don`t know why, but as you said, there have been more 04 versions then 05. Transkit`s have been made from Studio27 and K`s Workshop, but both are based on the 05 version.
Yes the 05 is different to the 04, i have both in stash and there is not only the frame different, also cowlings and more.
The 09 is also difficult to get cause many trankits from K`s Workshop also base on this kit for later versions.
Fork sets are also difficult to get for these versions, they look lovely on the model and also need a re release.
Take a stand!

toki71
F3
F3

Post by toki71 »

I think that it is the re-edition of their old trans kit. TOP STUDIO did it for the 08 and then 09 M1 ( the latter when it was not available yet from Tamiya ). instruction already available.

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Sorry if I answer such an old topic but illness gets you playful :lol: and I am also checking my MGP stash...
Well gotta say that at least in Lorenzo Pedrosa Márquez and Martín land ‘05s or ‘04s are way easier to get. 50€ easier roughly.
You see the oldies for 50 or 55, while the FIAT ‘09 rockets to 100 and more.
Don’t dismiss a chaper, easy-to-get alternative: IXO Altaya ‘05 is not that hard to get. And details are crispy and accurate