Porsche 911 Singer 1/24 Hobby Design (Alpha Model)

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Topic author
parklaneworks
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Lotus, Brabham
Netherlands

Porsche 911 Singer 1/24 Hobby Design (Alpha Model)

Post by parklaneworks »

Recently I started this kit from Hobby Design. It looks really nice and has lot’s of detail. As all the Singer Porsche have a name, I decided to call this one the ‘ Burgundy Commission’ :) . First I started to paint and assemble the wheels, to be able to check the stance.

The wheels are primed in Mr. Finishing Surfacer 1500 Black (primer) and colored with Mr. Color Super Fine Silver 2

The stance looks very good. I have made axles from brass to make sure the wheels will go on straight

The body is primed in Mr. Finishing Surfacer 1500 Grey (primer). The color of the body is Porsche Burgundy Red metallic. It is pre-thinned paint from Proscale paints (www.proscalepaints.uk). At Proscale paints you can order custom colors as long you provide them with the factory colorcode. I have ordered various colors and Proscale an excellent service. It goes down very well (about 5 thin layers) and I am very happy with the result.

This weekend it was time to put on the 2K clear (also from Proscale paints). This 2K is not too thick, but I do need to improve my skills because the result still has some Orange peel. Sanding and polishing will take care of that (I hope :wink: ).

Thanks for looking!

Topic author
parklaneworks
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Lotus, Brabham
Netherlands

Re: Porsche 911 Singer 1/24 Hobby Design (Alpha Model)

Post by parklaneworks »

Unfortunately polishing did not go as planned. Got a bit to enthousiastic, ruined a decal and had a slight burn through on the frunk. Decided to strip the paint and start al over again.