F1 News and Info

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: 2022 F1 Team CARS presentation

Post by JamesB »

And the Merc is out!! :D
I´ll miss the black livery, and not just for aesthetics. :)
Anyway, and on this pic taken from motorionline...
https://f1grandprix.motorionline.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/f1-shakedown-mercedes-russell-w13--1024x683.jpg
Don´t you find that Mercedes has done that old system (when big rule changes happen) of "take last year´s car and just chop what contravenes the new rules"??? :shock:
Sidepods, general shape, engine cover.... all seems carried over from W12. Just the mandatory new nose, wings, and barge board ellimination seems to change.

smirkoff
Major Constructor
Major Constructor

Post by smirkoff »

JamesB wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:20 am Don´t you find that Mercedes has done that old system (when big rule changes happen) of "take last year´s car and just chop what contravenes the new rules"??? :shock:
Sidepods, general shape, engine cover.... all seems carried over from W12. Just the mandatory new nose, wings, and barge board ellimination seems to change.
Agree, James, I think Mercedes is playing safe, just adapting a proved shape into the new regs. I also miss the black livery. Let's see which of the four Merc-powered teams performs better, since the cars are surprisingly very different in the way the same engine is "wrapped up".

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

smirkoff wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:44 pm Agree, James, I think Mercedes is playing safe, just adapting a proved shape into the new regs. I also miss the black livery. Let's see which of the four Merc-powered teams performs better, since the cars are surprisingly very different in the way the same engine is "wrapped up".
Yep Marcos, but not that sure if that´ll work for them...
Play safe? :wink:
"It don't take a genius, baby
There ain´t no big mystery
You can't play it safe
And still go down in history"
Emmilou Harris, M. Knopfler, Belle Starr

I really doubt that making the new configuration work without going to look for more downforce with something different is easy :D It surprises me. Besides, some say that maybe we have not seen the real Merc... let s see what happens 8)

Seiiki
Team Owner
Team Owner
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Fangio
Canada

Post by Seiiki »

2022 Alpine A522 just came out today. Dark Blue and Pink with BWT sponsorship moved over from 2021 Aston Martin. Pepto-Bismol anyone lol? ;) The saving grace is that Otmar is finally back as the Team Principal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPxoaKLiGBc
Canice

CK
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: C K
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, McLaren, Williams
Canada

Post by CK »

The pink does not fit well with the rest of the blue car.
C K
Canada

Anthony_RUS
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
Russia

Post by Anthony_RUS »

It looks like womans panties. Pink color is should to reject at the legislative level in autosport.
If you interested in my works, you can folow me in instagram https://www.instagram.com/anthony__vinogradov

Hein
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Leyton House, Ferrari, Simtek
Austria

Post by Hein »

Am i the only one who likes this livery??!.. ;)

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Pink and blue do not fit well. BWT could have leaned more towards blue, which is also a corporate color of theirs. Or use smaller trim in magenta, which is close to pink but more "raceable", as other companies did (using colors close to theirs like B&H, M'boro or JPS did) though nevertheless the all pink car does not look that bad. Maybe they expect a good reaction in social media to have an excuse to carry over the all pink livery.

rusomela
Formula e
Formula e

Post by rusomela »

Hein wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:28 pm Am i the only one who likes this livery??!.. ;)
not at all, it seems to me one of the most beautiful on the grid

vekkuli
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stake Sauber
Finland

Post by vekkuli »

The new Cars seem to have porpoising ( a violent bouncing on the Suspension at the high Speeds ) according to last test Week. Maybe It COULD be eliminated by Twin-chassis ( Lotus 88 ) or Skirts :mrgreen: .