Porsche 936 Turbo – Tamiya 1/24

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Tyrrell
Spain

Porsche 936 Turbo – Tamiya 1/24

Post by JesusM »

Hola a todos. Debido que estamos recluidos en casa, que mi Ferrari está esperando las calcas, que el Delta S4 requiere todavía mucho trabajo y que quiero terminar algo rapidito (buena escusa, verdad?), me atrevo con este kit antiguo, de pocas piezas, que espero terminarlo de buena manera. Aquí os presento la caja, aunque es del kit de 1/24:

Hello everyone. Because we are confined at home, that my Ferrari is waiting for the decals, that the Delta S4 still requires a lot of work and that I want to finish something quick (good excuse, right?), I dare with this old kit, of few pieces, that I hope finish it in a good way. Here is the box, although it is the 1/24 kit:

Y aquí, el despiece. Empezamos por la carrocería, que en si, no tiene problemas de rebabas y está bien de proporciones:

And here, the exploded view. We start with the bodywork, which itself has no burr problems and is well proportioned:

A destacar, las tomas de aire que vienen tapadas y habrá que abrirlas!

To highlight, the air intakes that come covered and will have to be opened!

Dichas tomas, tienen por debajo dos planchas de plástico que logicamente, deberán desaparecer.

These sockets have two plastic plates underneath which logically should disappear.

En cuanto al chasis, poco que decir porque además de verse poco, es puramente funcional ya que estaba preparado para poner un motor electrico!Podremos probar técnicas de ensuciado!!

As for the chassis, little to say because in addition to being little, it is purely functional since it was prepared to put an electric motor! We can try dirtying techniques !!

Y aquí teneis el resto del despiece: asientos, llantas, ruedas y…poco más!!

And here you have the rest of the exploded view: seats, tires, wheels and … little more!

Y empezamos con el trabajo, abriendo las branquias delanteras. Aquí vemos que las del lado izquierdo, ya están abiertas:

And we start with the work, opening the front gills. Here we see that the ones on the left side are already open:

Si vemos la parte interior, vemos lo que he tenido que eliminar, gracias al mintaladro!

If we look at the inside, we see what I have had to remove, thanks to the mini drill!

Y aquí os muestrolas dos branquias, ya abiertas, y con restos de masilla verde, usada para rellenar los rastros del trabajo!!

And here I show you two gills, already open, and with traces of green putty, used to fill the traces of the work!

Otra tarea realizada es abrir la toma de aire, tanto de la pieza delantera, como la parte correspondiente a la carrocería.

Another task performed is to open the air intake, both for the front part and the part corresponding to the body.

Aquí ya la he pegado. Decir que los dos paneles horizontales tuvieron que ser rehechos:

Here I have already pasted it. Say that the two horizontal panels had to be redone:

Y como el coche real, es una toma de aire perteneciente a la carrocería sin lineas de panel, las cuales relleno con masilla:

And like the real car, it is an air intake belonging to the body, without panel lines, which are filled with putty:

Y aquí, una vez lijada, a la espera de la imprimación para ver diferencias:

And here, once sanded, waiting for the primer to see differences:

Pasamos a la parte trasera. Del alerón, tapamos las marcas del molde:

Now, we move to the back. From the spoiler, we cover the mold marks:

Y añadimos el control manual del plano trasero del alerón. Una varilla de latón y un trocito de plástico ranurado por el centro para que se introduzca la varilla, que en su extremo he aplanado con unos alicates. Después tendrá us corresponidnetes tornillos:

And we added manual control of the rear wing plane. A brass rod and a piece of plastic grooved in the center to insert the rod, which I have flattened at its end with pliers. Then you will have the corresponding screws:

Y otra pieza en la que estoy trabajando es el plano trasero que contiene las luces y un piloto de posición:

And another piece I’m working on is the backplane containing the lights and a position light:

Otro punto de mejora: los faros. Vienen en plastico blanco como lo que veís delante, que voy a sustituir por unos de Scale production, pero cuales? Me decido por los de la derecha de la foto!!

Another improvement point: the headlights. They come in white plastic like what you see in front, which I am going to replace with some from Scale production, but which ones? I decide on the ones on the right of the photo !!

Más modificaciones: le abrimos los tubos de escape con una broca para profundizar el ahueco y disminuir los laterales:

More modifications: we open the exhaust pipes with a bit to deepen the hollow and decrease the sides:

En cuanto al chasis, poco que decir. Solo tendremos que detallar el cockpit lo máximo porque es lo único que se puede ver, y probar técnicas de ensuciado y envejecimiento!

As for the chassis, little to say. We will only have to detail the cockpit as much as possible because it is the only thing that can be seen, and try fouling and aging techniques!

Esto es todo de momento, Gracias por ver y comentar!

This is all for now, Thanks for watching and commenting!
Last edited by JesusM on Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

CK
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: C K
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, McLaren, Williams
Canada

Re: Porsche 936 Turbo – Tamiya 1/24

Post by CK »

Hi,

Nice modifications on this very old Tamiya kit. I have this one and the 1978 version that has a different rear wing. They are quite simple, but just like yours, can be improved to look beautiful.

Keep up your good work!
C K
Canada

Jeff
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by Jeff »

Nice WIP, looking forward to see more!

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

CK wrote:Hi,

Nice modifications on this very old Tamiya kit. I have this one and the 1978 version that has a different rear wing. They are quite simple, but just like yours, can be improved to look beautiful.

Keep up your good work!
Thanks CK, i hope to do to be similar to the real one!!

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

Jeff wrote:Nice WIP, looking forward to see more!
Thanks Jeff for commenting!!

capri-schorsch
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Christian
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Carlos Sainz
Jamaica

Post by capri-schorsch »

Nice one.Got the 936 in 1/12 as a body shelf here.
Yours should be an nice and stunning one at the end.
For sure!

regards Christian
Resin Kits and Parts for Sale
Porsche 962 in 1/8 Scale IMSA & Shorttail New!

http://mezzo-mix-models.jimdo.com

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

capri-schorsch wrote:Nice one.Got the 936 in 1/12 as a body shelf here.
Yours should be an nice and stunning one at the end.
For sure!

regards Christian
Hi Christian, thanks for your words, but it is a 1/24 kit (I made a mistake when I got the box picture from Internet.
Regards
Jesus

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Dale Jesus! que tu cuando el bicho es parco en detalles, se que te inspiras :D
Es una maqueta maja, con libertad de mejora (a que tieta levantar el capo?) como un 1/43 clasico grande.
Si necesitas algo, alguna pequenya calca o algo (Las Tamiya de fondo transparente marillean las tengo hechas), me lo dices.

Go for it man, we know you get inspired whe the thing is sparse in detail. Nce little model room for i provement, like a classic 1/43 but upsized.
If you need anything, decals or something (the riginal with clear background tend to yellow), JUST whistle.

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

JamesB wrote:Dale Jesus! que tu cuando el bicho es parco en detalles, se que te inspiras :D
Es una maqueta maja, con libertad de mejora (a que tieta levantar el capo?) como un 1/43 clasico grande.
Si necesitas algo, alguna pequenya calca o algo (Las Tamiya de fondo transparente marillean las tengo hechas), me lo dices.

Go for it man, we know you get inspired whe the thing is sparse in detail. Nce little model room for i provement, like a classic 1/43 but upsized.
If you need anything, decals or something (the riginal with clear background tend to yellow), JUST whistle.
Thanks for your offer. The decals are apparently fine, not yellow and not broken (I did a test yesterday). :wink:

CK
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: C K
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, McLaren, Williams
Canada

Post by CK »

I remember reading from someone long time ago that the red in the Martini strip were actually florescent red starting in 1977. I can't find that information anymore. I look for it because I have this and the 1978 version.

Anyone have this information?
C K
Canada