F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Paul
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Leclerc
Great Britain

Japan Auctions

Post by kimi_8 »

Afternoon all

discovered buyee.jp and have registered. Someone reassure me this site is secure and basically japanese ebay please!

seen some exceptionally cheap kits on there even including shipping!

dont want to be getting stung.

help / advice appreciated.

JM
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell
Germany

Re: Japan Auctions

Post by JM »

I used it once and had no problems.

racingkars
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
Netherlands

Post by racingkars »

I used it several times. Trusted.
Kars

http://www.racingkars.nl (WIPs)
http://www.racingkars.com (sales)
Websites in Nederlands/English
English is not my native language, so sorry for any incorrect words or style... I have no intention to offend you.

SebLeung
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by SebLeung »

Just bought an MFH 312B and 312B2 through Buyee over the weekend, I've used it several times before as well. The bidding culture is slightly different than on eBay though. On eBay items tend to have a higher starting price for auctions (and most items are Buy It Now anyways) and no bidding activity until the final minutes, but on Buyee things start dirt cheap and build over the course of the auctions. It's not uncommon to see 20-50 bids on more popular items.
http://www.f1modelling.com

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

Big thing to remember is that if you're using Buyee, that item cost and shipping are two separate transactions. I got stung buying a kit that included shipping, as it only ships it to Buyee's location, then having to pay for it to be shipped to my house separately. Annoyingly, I wasn't able to combine the shipping of two items I bought around the same time either.

SebLeung
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by SebLeung »

stubeck wrote:Big thing to remember is that if you're using Buyee, that item cost and shipping are two separate transactions. I got stung buying a kit that included shipping, as it only ships it to Buyee's location, then having to pay for it to be shipped to my house separately. Annoyingly, I wasn't able to combine the shipping of two items I bought around the same time either.
Correct, the cheap shipping you see is local shipping from the seller in Japan to Buyee's warehouse in Japan. Their international shipping prices aren't outrageous, pretty typical for overseas shipping, but yes be prepared for $40-$50 in shipping for a 1/20 MM kit. You can consolidate packages but you have to pay a small fee (cheaper than the savings you'll get back by consolidating at least).
http://www.f1modelling.com

lezdep
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Canada

Post by lezdep »

I've been using buyee.jp for number of years now. No issues whatsoever. There were some changes couple of years ago, when they
forced me to pay in my currency instead of YEN and their exchange rates are not favorable. Otherwise, they've been reliable and
service has been great so far. Yahoo!Japan auctions seems to be the last place where one could still find bargains.

eBay sucks big time these days !

klinad
F2
F2
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: LH
China

Post by klinad »

Very good service, no issues for years. But you do have to pay the handling fees and the international shipping. I wouldn't recommend you to buy the plasitc kits there, since they were not that cheap when adding the fees and shipping costs. But for multimedia kits, lots of them are nearly half price and cannot be found elsewhere, those extra costs only take small portion of the total price.

Topic author
kimi_8
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Paul
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Leclerc
Great Britain

Post by kimi_8 »

thank you very much for the advice. I'd sussed out the separate fees however Klinad has hit the nail on the head. I'm not really into MM builds, seen a few plastics on there that were cheap however taking you guys advice on board i reckon i'll stick to ebay until such time as i'm confident enough with a MM build

thanks all :)