Tamiya Lotus 99T

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: Tamiya Lotus 99T

Post by gp-models »

First Progress on chassis is done, primered and painted semi gloss black. Carbon fiber is applied to the in and outside, painted with smoke partly, tobacco logos and the car plate inside cockpit is done, ready for some flat clear.

Now on to the engine which is painted, some detail painting is done and etched bolt heads are on. The gear box became a light wash with gun metal pigments to achive a different look.
Prepairing some smaller parts for engine now, long way to go!

Thx for watching, more to come.
Take a stand!

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jaykay »

It may still be some way to go, but you're progressing quickly! Good work!

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Thank you Joachim, appriciate it! :)
Yes, still having a lot of time actually as i`m recovering, so i have a lot of time to do some modeling. I hope to keep up that pace to finish this one till end of year, but i desperately need to start the paint job as it is realy time consuming. Parts need to stay for a few weeks before polishing, but i need the sideplates for the cockpit to move on and install front suspension parts, this makes me a bit nervous cause i need to prepare the front and rear wing first, not realy started with them actually, only filled sinking marks and cut of the side plates, have to hurry up with this!
Take a stand!

Chinamalc
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by Chinamalc »

Outstanding!
Malc

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Thank you Malc for nice commend!
Take a stand!

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

I could not resist to do a dry set up after i applied the rivets and some etched parts to the monocoque this morning, have to motivate myself a bit cause today is another sanding and prepairing day to set up the wings. :)

Hope to finish the dashboard soon, some additional wiring has to be done from the inside but i need the dashboard to do so.

Thanks for watching!
Take a stand!

Inuyasha
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Germany

Post by Inuyasha »

Outstanding detail work! This is the best 99T build i have ever seen so far!
Looking forward to your next update!

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Thank you very much for kind commend!
Next update will be soon, no time for modeling the last few days, getting back to it tomorrow.
Take a stand!

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Today i finished the dashboard, toggle switches and knobs have been added and the displays. The displays took me some time cause there have been heavy sinking markings in, so i decided to paint some BBR window material from the backside and cut them to size. To prefend glue attaching the paint from the back, i used double sided tape to attach them. The white dots cäme from reflecting light as the BBR material is pretty shiny.
Steering wheel is shortly to be done, but it will not be attached to the dashboard as i leave it seperately.

The engine gets some more details like a radiator mesh, the shock absorbers and more detail painting, but i can`t put on everything as i need to scratch build a floor support and some other things first. Things are moving on slowly cause i have to figger out which parts can be glued and which parts will follow, with suspension on it is not realy possible to work on it, so they have to wait a while. Have to paint a few more AN fittings to put on the oil radiator, injection system needs to be reworked too as it is not realy scale and i have to make a plan for wiring and plumbing.

Take a stand!

LeonN
Spectator
Spectator
Your Name: Leon
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Brabham
Denmark

Post by LeonN »

I am very, very impressed by the how you managed to obtain such an even and slick painted surface on the engine/gearbox. Awesome work, I must say. Not to mention the suspension mount. Also very neatly mounted.