Kit reviews

SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nelson Piquet
United States of America

Re: Studio 27 Lotus 99T/99TB items and pics

Post by SBEST »

Thanks. The version I have of Japanese is less the cockpit details & extra engine details. Possibly a 2011 version?
That explains the price-point that I received. Nonetheless, it was cheaper that conversion of yen to usd

Topic author
nichenson
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Nic Henson
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
United States of America

Post by nichenson »

SBEST wrote:Thanks. The version I have of Japanese is less the cockpit details & extra engine details. Possibly a 2011 version?
That explains the price-point that I received. Nonetheless, it was cheaper that conversion of yen to usd
Probably as the cockpit and engine bits were created at a later date.

On another note, MFH is releasing a 1/20th 99TB. When I am able to get my hands on one I will post pics and also do a comparison with the S27 body.

Chinamalc
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by Chinamalc »

Wow, missed this the first time round, Thanks Nichenson!

Malc.

SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nelson Piquet
United States of America

Post by SBEST »

nichenson wrote:
SBEST wrote:Thanks. The version I have of Japanese is less the cockpit details & extra engine details. Possibly a 2011 version?
Probably as the cockpit and engine bits were created at a later date.

On another note, MFH is releasing a 1/20th 99TB. When I am able to get my hands on one I will post pics and also do a comparison with the S27 body.
I noticed noticed the 99TB on EBAY. Don't see it on MFH website

willster127
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Lee
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mclaren
United States of America

Post by willster127 »

Great read, missed it the first time around. One question, I have an S27 kit that is the Monaco and Detroit combined, In my instructions it says the Detroit version doesn't require the extensive exhaust and floor mods that Monaco does. I started on the Detroit version as I was afraid of the exhaust changes and have so far only built the rear wing, now you have me econd guessing as to whether I need to cut the floor too??

I will dig out the instructions and post pics of what I mean when I get home tonight.

Edit, I was reversed, It is the Monaco version that my instructions say to not change the exhaust, this also seems to be the case in your instructions, the yellow body shrouds over the exhaust are present on the Monaco version and not in Detroit, I am building the Monaco car! That exhaust mod looked way too involved!!!

Topic author
nichenson
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Nic Henson
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
United States of America

Post by nichenson »

willster127 wrote:Great read, missed it the first time around. One question, I have an S27 kit that is the Monaco and Detroit combined, In my instructions it says the Detroit version doesn't require the extensive exhaust and floor mods that Monaco does. I started on the Detroit version as I was afraid of the exhaust changes and have so far only built the rear wing, now you have me econd guessing as to whether I need to cut the floor too??

I will dig out the instructions and post pics of what I mean when I get home tonight.

Edit, I was reversed, It is the Monaco version that my instructions say to not change the exhaust, this also seems to be the case in your instructions, the yellow body shrouds over the exhaust are present on the Monaco version and not in Detroit, I am building the Monaco car! That exhaust mod looked way too involved!!!

If you look closely, you can see the exhaust on the Monaco version and #12 in Detroit have the exhaust side by side whereas the Detroit #11 has the exhaust stacked verticle.

It isn't as difficult as it sounds especially with the newest transkit. Eventually I will update this to include scanned images and builds. I have started an early season, but unfortunately, I just finished our hobby room and my daughter has been in and out of the hospital. I have had some time to look over the internet but haven't been home much. I will get there eventually though.