F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda Brabham Alfa
United States of America

Re: PLASTIC Upcoming F1 Releases 2019

Post by F1tommy »

bestbalsakits wrote:
Question is: who will buy this when you can pick up the same subject done by Tamiya?
Also, is Italeri bringing out (only) these subjects - renault, alfas, both fiats - from Protars catalogue to avoid high McLaren & Ferrari licensing fees?

Wim
Speaking of Italeri, has anyone seen any test shot photos of the Alfa Romeo 8C 1/12th Monza yet? They could do several different bodies for that model just like Pocher did.

SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nelson Piquet
United States of America

Post by SBEST »

I am afraid we are going to see fewer releases of plastic model kits. From what I have read there is not enough interest to justify new releases.

And that makes sense. Kids, have other interest (gaming), sports, and school that competes for their times. Maybe Lego will do fine due to simplicity.

One thing I have to say about re releases I wish the mfg. would invest in upgrading some of the kits or offer variations (Tyrrell 003) to pique my interest.

atlantakat1
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by atlantakat1 »

bestbalsakits wrote:
Question is: who will buy this when you can pick up the same subject done by Tamiya?
Also, is Italeri bringing out (only) these subjects - renault, alfas, both fiats - from Protars catalogue to avoid high McLaren & Ferrari licensing fees?

Wim
I will buy one if only to encourage Italeri to do more Protar reissues of F1 subjects -- and maybe release a new F1 kit someday.

But then again, I bought the Heller RE 20 kit too so my judgment is demonstrably impaired!

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

SBEST wrote:I am afraid we are going to see fewer releases of plastic model kits. From what I have read there is not enough interest to justify new releases.

And that makes sense. Kids, have other interest (gaming), sports, and school that competes for their times. Maybe Lego will do fine due to simplicity.

One thing I have to say about re releases I wish the mfg. would invest in upgrading some of the kits or offer variations (Tyrrell 003) to pique my interest.
We've seen a fair amount of new releases lately after a bit of a lull. What people need to do though is actually buy them when they come out! Its a little disappointing sometimes to see a new release come out and everyone just complain that is not model A or model X.

While its not the F1 side, the endurance grid is pretty well represented these days minus LMP2. In the next six months we'll get a modern Porsche 911 too as well as Audi.

F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda Brabham Alfa
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

And lets not forget they keep cranking out plastic military aircraft and tank kits like it's Christmas.

vekkuli
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stake Sauber
Finland

Post by vekkuli »

atlantakat1 wrote: I will buy one if only to encourage Italeri to do more Protar reissues of F1 subjects -- and maybe release a new F1 kit someday.

But then again, I bought the Heller RE 20 kit too so my judgment is demonstrably impaired!
+1 :mrgreen:

Lloyd
F2
F2

Post by Lloyd »

I have one ordered. . . cant buy TAMIYA ones anymore in 1/12, or a ferrari 313T4.
Rare as rocking horse poop

bestbalsakits
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bestbalsakits »

Lloyd wrote:I have one ordered. . . cant buy TAMIYA ones anymore in 1/12, or a ferrari 313T4.
Rare as rocking horse poop
Mmmm
RE20 from USD 94 on, see https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=t ... 0&_sacat=0
312T4 from USD 99 on, see https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... 00&_ftrv=1

Should you be patient, and be willing to bid and not just 'buy now', you'll get a cheaper one imo.
Most probably, you'll have to add new set of decals though, but these are readily available too...

Wim
Visit www.bestbalsakits.com for more hours of enjoyment.
Now also on Facebook ...

dancraft
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Australia

Post by dancraft »

Hobby Easy has the Beemax Brabham BT52B and detail set available for pre-order.

They are showing a release date of 28/08/19.

Regards, Dan

Lloyd
F2
F2

Post by Lloyd »

Is the ITALERI kit a RE 20 or an RE 23 ? , i find pre orders for a 23 , not a 20 ?

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/italeri ... o--1193817