Lola Larrousse LC90 1990 1/24 E. Bernard (Hasegawa)

Finished models...

Topic author
Corpsegrinder
Top Designer
Top Designer
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Italy

Lola Larrousse LC90 1990 1/24 E. Bernard (Hasegawa)

Post by Corpsegrinder »

I have finally completed this very nice kit. 1/24 scale isn't really my cup of tea as my whole collection is 1/20 but grabbing this at one tenth of the price of S27 1/20 made me change my mind.

This is my first kit with such a variety of colours in the livery and I tried the "hard way": all the different colours are painted with Tamiya rattle cans, except the green triangle on the nose which is the decal. It is OOB except for the rear wing and engine rods for which I used 0.3mm brass sticks, and the safety belts, I bought 1/24 photoetched set and used their red fabric for the belts.

The fit of the cowling is rather bad, I read this on this forum from other modelers' experience, so I was kind of prepared for that. I had to glue the cowling so it is not removable anymore. The kit decals were very good, none of them played tricks on me.
P1200102003.jpg
P1200118005.jpg
P1200100002.jpg
P1200092xx.jpg
P1200107004.jpg
"In my days, the drivers used to go out after a race and chase girls. These days, they thank Vodafone" - Sir Stirling Moss

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Re: Lola Larrousse LC90 1990 1/24 E. Bernard (Hasegawa)

Post by daveyman »

Nice work. Looks good and sharp. Tricky livery to get right, very busy. Did you have any issues with the suspension? That seems to be a common failing on these kits. Nice going, and I haven't forgotten about scanning the Gatorade decals from the Lotus 102 that you asked about. I will get to it, promise.

Topic author
Corpsegrinder
Top Designer
Top Designer
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Italy

Post by Corpsegrinder »

daveyman wrote:Nice work. Looks good and sharp. Tricky livery to get right, very busy. Did you have any issues with the suspension? That seems to be a common failing on these kits. Nice going, and I haven't forgotten about scanning the Gatorade decals from the Lotus 102 that you asked about. I will get to it, promise.
I was super careful when handling the suspensions, but I got through the whole assembly without braking anything (probably the 1st time). But yes, they are quite thin, very easy to break, I am now working on the Zakspeed 1/24, also another kit where suspensions arms merrily split in two!!!

I know you are a master in masking and paint, this kit is definitely for you, I am still not good enough with this process, paint seeps below the tape too often and I have to spend time scraping off the excess paint with a fresh blade!

As for the Gatorade logo, thanks, as I said I am not in a hurry, just curious to know the size of these logos, I am afraid I am going to make them too big or too small. Thanks!
Last edited by Corpsegrinder on Sun May 12, 2019 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"In my days, the drivers used to go out after a race and chase girls. These days, they thank Vodafone" - Sir Stirling Moss

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Post by daveyman »

Yeah, I have the Shunko 1/20 kit of this car in my stash, as well as the S27 kit of the Zakspeed so your choice of builds really do tick all the boxes for me. Keep it going, look forward to seeing the Zakspeed.

cooperclimax1
Formula e
Formula e

Post by cooperclimax1 »

Good work all around.

Coop

wastgate
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari.
Italy

Post by wastgate »

epic formula one era

vekkuli
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stake Sauber
Finland

Post by vekkuli »

Good Job :) !

Steffen_T
Team Owner
Team Owner

Post by Steffen_T »

Great job on this car!
I have build the same kit more then 10 years ago, and mine doesn't look half as good as yours.
Also interesting to see how different the car looks when it is build with the green numbers of Bernard. I think this is the first time I actualy see it built as a Bernard car.
Well done!

Teles
Midfield
Midfield
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Copersucar-Fittipaldi
Brazil

Post by Teles »

Very nice work!!! I'll use your pics when assembly my kit (these Hasegawa 1/24 are very good, seems 1/20...)
Cheers.
MT

marlborored
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren, Senna; Lotus, Clark
United States of America

Post by marlborored »

Nice!!