FIA President
FIA President
Your Name: Eric Aitala
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Re: Donations to F1M

Post by f1m »

I've added a list of donors to https://www.f1m.com/content/donate-f1m

If you have donated, but don't see your name there, it is because the donation email address does not match any F1M.com account emails. Nor can I match up a name with an account name. Please let me know if you don't see yourself listed.

[Also note, I see even some of the donor's email addresses do not match their account email. Its always a good idea to check what email address your F1M.com account is using. You can do so if you are logged in via the "Edit" tab on https://www.f1m.com/user ]

Thanks again folks!

Eric

Chinamalc
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by Chinamalc »

Hi Eric, how much actual money does it cost to keep F1M running? Is it 'just' server host cost?

I guess there is a lot of your 'free' time also!

Malc.

f1m
FIA President
FIA President
Your Name: Eric Aitala
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Post by f1m »

The only real costs are the hosting fees and Domain Name(s) . I usually cover it from the Ad revenue, but I've not pursued the renewals recently as things have been busy and... there will be some changes to the site after the F1 season is over and I want to wait until then to redo the ads.

[Note: My goal was not to try to get donations to run the site, but I had a couple people ask about them, so I set it up to see what happens... and I'm really grateful for all the recent support!]

E
Chinamalc wrote:Hi Eric, how much actual money does it cost to keep F1M running? Is it 'just' server host cost?

I guess there is a lot of your 'free' time also!

Malc.

AJP01
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor

Post by AJP01 »

Although the only real costs are the hosting fees and domain names, I can tell you that the reason I've donated is because I know how much time and intelligence it can take to run an entity like F1M; but more importantly the Real Benefits that I and other forum members Receive from F1M is very valuable to me.

I can't tell you how much I've learned from here and the many members who have mentored and educated me with their techniques and advice. It has made the difference between just building something with disappointing results, or building something that I can be proud of and also improve my knowledge at the same time. The things I've learned from here I've applied to paint finishing, bicycles, mechanical items in the home, automotive, even musical instruments... all of which are better because of the existence of this talent pool and those that created the forum.

So thank you Eric.
AJ

Fast289back
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Wolf
Canada

Post by Fast289back »

+1

jaydar
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by jaydar »

AJP01 wrote:Although the only real costs are the hosting fees and domain names, I can tell you that the reason I've donated is because I know how much time and intelligence it can take to run an entity like F1M; but more importantly the Real Benefits that I and other forum members Receive from F1M is very valuable to me.

I can't tell you how much I've learned from here and the many members who have mentored and educated me with their techniques and advice. It has made the difference between just building something with disappointing results, or building something that I can be proud of and also improve my knowledge at the same time. The things I've learned from here I've applied to paint finishing, bicycles, mechanical items in the home, automotive, even musical instruments... all of which are better because of the existence of this talent pool and those that created the forum.

So thank you Eric.
AJ
+1

indycals
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Indycals
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Post by indycals »

"Although the only real costs are the hosting fees and domain names, I can tell you that the reason I've donated is because I know how much time and intelligence it can take to run an entity like F1M; but more importantly the Real Benefits that I and other forum members Receive from F1M is very valuable to me."

THIS!

Normally I run an ad, but like Eric, I've been busy with other things and haven't had a chance to update mine so this is a nice way to help out until I get my act in gear.

Topic author
daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Post by daveyman »

I absolutely agree with the above comments. It's not so much about putting a cash value on something, it's more about saying how much we appreciate the site and saying thank you for the work that goes into maintaining it.

harveyb258
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Post by harveyb258 »

Hi guys,

I haven't really posted much on here lately, but my donation will soon be on its way.
The way things are these days, I reckon that only fully paid up members should be able to view "full content" posts, pics etc. Otherwise,too much info and intellectual property gets used/stolen. A members only scenario would be the best way to go in my humble opinion.

Cheers, H

CBartholomew4677
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Chris Bartholomew
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Forza Ferrari!!!
United States of America

Post by CBartholomew4677 »

I happily donate to the F1M cause. F1M is a great community filled with lovely people with tons of skill and passion for what I love to do. There's no better place to go.
Cheers,
Chris