Macs Modeling closing (Temporary?)

Post away...

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: Macs Modeling closing (Temporary?)

Post by gp-models »

Got the info too with my mails and it`s realy sad to read it. I did a couple of deals with him and it was never a bad choice, he is one hell of a friendly and helpfull guy, sorry to see that he has such a hard time! I hoped that he could managed to put himself on the feet again when i noticed about leaving his granit buisness caused by some bad clients, i believe it was a hard lesson to him which he did not deserve. I know that working at a restaurant is a time killer, you only life for the job and in the end it is less money you earn for it, a tough job!
Personaly i have to say, keep your head up Ian, feeling with you and hopefully you will return soon to a point where life is not catching you, but your catching life again! Keep motivated and you will see the light at the end of the tunnel finaly! ;)
Take a stand!

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Post by daveyman »

I only ever dealt with Mac once but it was perfect service, the kind that everybody on here talked about. I would like to wish him well and hope that he manages to turn things around and get back on track.

jmpsebring
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Post by jmpsebring »

Sometimes ya half to punt :? I join in with the side that says thanks and don't be a stranger. We are all here because we share a passion. Your passion doesn't go away. We're not far behind, 1/12th MFH kits are close to overtaking the opioid crises. :shock:

vanhookvintage
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: vanhookvintage
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Post by vanhookvintage »

Hope you're reading this Ian. I didn't reply to your email because I figured you wouldn't need one more thing to respond to.

Totally enjoyed dealing with Mac these past few years, although I certainly wasn't a high-dollar customer. But, Mac was my Tameo go-to source (after Peggy Jones retired Model Car Masterpieces), and I'll really miss that.

Hoping for the best, and for a return of Mac's Modeling in July.

Cheers,
Greg
"Everyone dreams of driving a Ferrari, it was my intent from the start." Enzo Ferrari

tubegenius
Top Designer
Top Designer
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Honda powered teams
United States of America

Post by tubegenius »

I didn't reply either so as not to bother Ian with unwanted emails. Is it possible to "filter" incoming emails and limit them to orders for in stock items only? I've been looking to order about $200 worth of stock for several months, figuring that moving some inventory would be the best help for the least work. I'm not optimistic about him re-opening July 1, but I will wait until then before moving on to a new supplier. Good luck Mac!

Mr.Grumpy
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jacques Villeneuve
Canada

Post by Mr.Grumpy »

nothing but good things to say about mac. i hope he can sort out any outstanding orders/refunds with everyone and really hope to see him back.

Villeneuve
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by Villeneuve »

Mr.Grumpy wrote:nothing but good things to say about mac. i hope he can sort out any outstanding orders/refunds with everyone and really hope to see him back.
Exactly my sentiments. Mac has always been great to do Business with. Good luck to Mac and also his customers that have outsatnding orders or refunds.
YNWA,
Markus

Gilles and Ferrari will always be synonymous. The others just drive for Ferrari but Gilles IS Ferrari

The Ferrari 126C2 Spotter's Guide
http://bit.ly/1oxy29H

hquednau
Team Owner
Team Owner

Post by hquednau »

I also got the note-

Too bad; I have had good dealings with him. Hope he comes back!