PLASTIC Upcoming F1 Releases 2017

For all F1 scale model news...

Eagle50
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: PLASTIC Upcoming F1 Releases 2017

Post by Eagle50 »

lezdep wrote:... My dream kit would be Mercedes W08 from Tamiya. ...
Yes, that would be nice. We can dream, we can dream...

RE the discussion about Tamiya not making 1/20 F1 kits anymore. Yes, it could be because Tamiya have left that business to their old employee, Mr. Kiya, at Ebbro. It could even be because Tamiya and Hasegawa both released their Lotus 79 kits within two weeks of each other, a few years ago, lost sales to each other, and now both companies think the 1/20 "space" is risky.

But I think a big factor is lack of F1 television coverage here in Japan. With Bernie's broadcast rights price hikes, you need an expensive cable TV account to see the races now. "F1 awareness" is low in Japan these days. So low public interest, low sales potential. That's my armchair theory.

Cheers, Chris

daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Schumacher
Germany

Post by daniel »

http://www.spotmodel.com/product_info.p ... mpaign=282

I think that is a cool kit...Abarth trankit anyone !? :)

https://www.facebook.com/scale.details

Badi
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Pierre Gasly
Brazil

Post by Badi »

and what about F-indy in Japan? Is this the same situation?

cause I have seen MFH investing in a new 1/20 kit...

Regards

lvndeva
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by lvndeva »

Just thought id share this news...apparently the Hasegawa Zakspeed ZK891 is being re-released.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10502167

Eagle50
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by Eagle50 »

Mr. Kiya (Ebbro CEO) told me himself, that his 1/20 plastic Lotus 49B and Brabham BT18 (F2) kits will finally be coming out, either at the end of next month or next month. He was showing them off in production boxes, complete with box-top artwork, decals, all the injection moulded trees, and instructions at the Hobby Forum on Nov 5th. I suppose he just has to produce a few thousand more examples, to start shipping all over the world.

Cheers, Chris

Eric1968
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Eric Evain
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Alain Prost
France

Post by Eric1968 »

Any chance to see a 1/20 McLaren honda MCL32 2017 from Ebbro ?

mobiusone
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by mobiusone »

Eagle50 wrote:Mr. Kiya (Ebbro CEO) told me himself, that his 1/20 plastic Lotus 49B and Brabham BT18 (F2) kits will finally be coming out, either at the end of next month or next month. He was showing them off in production boxes, complete with box-top artwork, decals, all the injection moulded trees, and instructions at the Hobby Forum on Nov 5th. I suppose he just has to produce a few thousand more examples, to start shipping all over the world.

Cheers, Chris
I am looking forward to the 49B! Feels like i was 5 years old when that thing was released. One thing I noticed though, as i had preordered the Brabham was with HLJ. They cancelled the preorder saying it was no longer available, then redirected to the same product of the BT18, but at a much higher cost. I know Ebbro's kits have become second to none with Tamiya gone, but HLJ wants $72 for that thing. I'll get the 49B but that's just WAY to much for that little car in my own opinion. I know many here will still be getting it for sure, and i'd love to see how it turns out though.
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna

gilles.r
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: Gilles
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Renault and Ligier
France

Post by gilles.r »

Eagle50 wrote:Mr. Kiya (Ebbro CEO) told me himself, that .......

Cheers, Chris
Hi Chris

Thank you for your report
Did Mr Kiya talk also about other future F1 kits projects , please ?
Thank you
Bye
Gilles

shood23
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by shood23 »

Future projects like a mclaren mcl32

Shaun

Eagle50
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by Eagle50 »

Badi wrote:and what about F-indy in Japan? Is this the same situation?
cause I have seen MFH investing in a new 1/20 kit...
Regards
Indy car interest in Japan? I'd say it's nil. It's not televised in Japan, or reported here in sports newspapers. No one I know talks about Indy, or even knows who the drivers are. It seems a "foreign sport" to Japanese, like Mongolian wrestling.

Yes, MFH did produce Alonso's 2017 Indy car, but that's probably because Alonso's a popular guy amongst Japanese F1 fans, and Mr. Hiro saw a curbside kit business opportunity. However, I've been told by Finisher's that Studio 27 were sorely disappointed in their resin Indy car kit sales many years ago, so I wouldn't hold my breath for any more Indy car kit releases from Japan...
gilles.r wrote: ... Did Mr Kiya talk also about other future F1 kits projects, please ?
Gilles
No, he didn't offer any information on future F1 kits, and I didn't press him. Mr. Kiya seems a good businessman, and fends off questions about future releases with vague answers rather well. For example, he told me that his Lotus 49B and 49C kits were "coming soon" for four annual Hobby Forum shows in a row. So I didn't see any point in asking him what he might be releasing next.

I think of Mr. Kiya as a slow, methodical guy, who likes to do each and every kit right. As another example, he first showed his Honda Jet prototype two Shizuoka Hobby Shows ago, and that's just now coming out -- he was finally showing boxed kit examples at this month's Hobby Forum, two and a half years later. I think he likes to "wow" the public with new innovations, like the one-piece hollowed out suspension springs that will come with his BT18 kit, done with some fancy slide moulds. So his kits do take time to come out, but they're always great.

Cheers, Chris