PeteJ
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: Pete Johnson
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus Jim Clark
United States of America

I'm surprised ...

Post by PeteJ »

I am surprised that no one has commented on the Austrian GP! Interesting race and even more interesting ending. I would imagine Toto Wolff was just livid! Nico needs to be put on a short leash. It is ok to race but it is not ok to T-bone your team mate in a corner. Heck it is not ok to T-bone anyone that way. Looked like causing a racing incident to me.

allnie
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell. Lotus. McLaren.
Denmark

Re: I'm surprised ...

Post by allnie »

It was about time we got some super F1 racing. The end of that race is just what I like - the 2 cars in front side by side.
Bad news is I could image Mercedes will forbid that kind of racing I want to see.
Br
Allan

turboF1
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Renault Sport
United States of America

Post by turboF1 »

A little shocked at the booing Hamilton received. I don't think that was nice plus it was Nico that delayed his turn in. He had the inside corner. He should of concentrated on being fast and not trying to block his teammate.

lauda75
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by lauda75 »

Hamilton has blocked Nico twice in the last year, so I say well done Nico for giving it back to him. It kinda backfired but it showed Hamilton how divisive his behaviour is seen by F1 fans.

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

lauda75 wrote:Hamilton has blocked Nico twice in the last year, so I say well done Nico for giving it back to him...
If one is to give it back, he gotta do it right. :D Honestly, it was as if in a battleship fight, one answers a round of main gunnery with a water splash.... Nico was bad even being bad. :roll:

SanMarino
Top Designer
Top Designer
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ventisette Rosso
Canada

Post by SanMarino »

JamesB wrote:
lauda75 wrote:Hamilton has blocked Nico twice in the last year, so I say well done Nico for giving it back to him...
If one is to give it back, he gotta do it right. :D Honestly, it was as if in a battleship fight, one answers a round of main gunnery with a water splash.... Nico was bad even being bad. :roll:
You both echo my view on the collision. Nico tried the 'payback' move on Lewis and well, lost. I imagine that Lewis read the move and said if he runs off the track he has lost the are. If he stays the course and turns in he may or may not lose the race. Turned he did and win he did. I must say that Lewis did a fantastic job, whether it be consciously or by luck, of driving his front right tire into Nico's wing, delivering max injury to the opponent and taking the fight. Yes, Nico gotta learn to do it right (like in this picture It took at Montreal). Yes Nico, Hamilton turned into you, but your move to try to push him out is what led to the outcome.

Cheers,
Mike

Bigasshammm
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor

Post by Bigasshammm »

jaydar
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by jaydar »

lauda75 wrote:Hamilton has blocked Nico twice in the last year, so I say well done Nico for giving it back to him. It kinda backfired but it showed Hamilton how divisive his behaviour is seen by F1 fans.
Absolutely agree. Unfortunately, Nico forgot Hamilton had nothing to lose. If LH took them both out he was no worse. If the move worked, he was better off.
BRAVO NICO. Maybe LH will think twice about it next time. Both Toto and Lauda probably know this. Same as Senna taking out Prost to win the championship.

Mr.Grumpy
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jacques Villeneuve
Canada

Post by Mr.Grumpy »

i just find hamilton very difficult to like. i imagine the booing was from all the german fans at the race. i'd like to see nico win — and i'm english.

R.Wells
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by R.Wells »

Mr.Grumpy wrote:i just find hamilton very difficult to like. i imagine the booing was from all the german fans at the race. i'd like to see nico win — and i'm english.
I am with you on this one Grump.
Perfectionist in the art of the unfinished kit......

Russell Wells