What is your latest model purchase

Post away...

theseeker
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Re: What is your latest model purchase

Post by theseeker »

After a two year hiatus, I bought the MFH 1/12 Ferrari 126 C2 Long Beach!
Yes, I am back with with my madness and I will be finishing the Lotus 97 T first.

Rocky

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

1/25 Indycars. Kinda tons of them...

Wanna cellebrate something. :wink:

Hey, what happened, BTW to all those cheap "Toys'r US" 1/12 IRL cars or those diecasts at 1/25 of early 200's??

gtziaf
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: George
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari - Gilles Villeneuve
Greece

Post by gtziaf »

sky1911 wrote:Now if they would do something like this for the Lola T70, but with even more pictures of the chassis construction than in the GT40 book, pontoons with spars and all that, I should be so happy.
Can you share your opinion for GTO and 917 books. Is any useful reference details?

Thank you for your time...

jaydar
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by jaydar »

gtziaf wrote:
Can you share your opinion for GTO and 917 books. Is any useful reference details?

Thank you for your time...
I would be interested as well. I have them both.

Joe.

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

Well so far I haven't had the time to really go over either of them in detail. Basically just flipping through, back to front once for each. I think there's a good load of pictures in them from several races, etc. But please don't be as daft as me ;) and expect something like an actual repair manual where you get a plethora of closeup shots of individual parts and diagrams of part A connecting to part C via bolt b and so on. Neither of those books are actual manuals of that type, so yes, the title is pretty misleading.
Waltzing around the Techno Classica fair in Essen last weekend I managed to skim through several of the Joe Honda books and to me they (JH) are similar only with a lot less text to go with the pictures. But for livery and overall looks purposes they should be good, too - but again, I was hoping for detail shots of the cars, how they are made up, etc. not just pictures of the entire car in the frame, driving through the picture or sitting in the pits or similar. - That's the reason why I want to go to the Porsche museum, hoping to get up close and personal with the car, similar to the Le Mans museum.

Give me some time and I'll have a closer look at the books and report back. My initial opinion on the books is GT40 > 917 > GTO (in terms of potential use to me).

/edit
One thing worth noting - I got them through Amazon.de from a place in the UK called "BOOKS etc" (or similar). They showed up under the "similar bla used and new" and were almost always the least expensive option. Mine were all new and shrinkwrapped, plus they were considerably less than the 30€ apiece they usually ask for (more like 2/3 or 1/2 the price). So mustn't grumble too much ;)
Cheers,
Roman

capri-schorsch
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Christian
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Carlos Sainz
Jamaica

Post by capri-schorsch »

I find all my Haynes books very helpful.
You find solutions for hidden spots that are not shown in the MFH books.
And for a price of 20€ there is nothing wrong with this books.
Resin Kits and Parts for Sale
Porsche 962 in 1/8 Scale IMSA & Shorttail New!

http://mezzo-mix-models.jimdo.com

TheHoodedClaw
World Champion
World Champion

Post by TheHoodedClaw »

Been a busy month on the acquisitions front.

Had a visit to Veteranus Models in Ripon and came back with a bag full of odds and sods, mighty expensive odds and sods but odds and sods no less.

Then this arrived from self same emporium.

Followed by this from the Far East.

Then today as a result of a bit of horse trading on Facebook this parcel arrived.

Stashed inside the Toyota were these as well.

Not bad for the price I paid I can tell you.

THC
What lurks beneath the Jungle canopy? Only the Claw knows!

Starr
Major Constructor
Major Constructor

Post by Starr »

I came back from the NNL East show in New Jersey with a few things in a bag :-)

The SMS photo etch set for the Tamiya McLaren MP4/13 and a set of their PE seat belt hardware in 1/20 scale.

Some of decals for NASCAR kits.

And last but not least, the HRM Ferrari 330 P4 Engine & Rear Suspension kit, 1/24 (HRM-305) for my Fujimi kit.

Cheers,

Starr
Classic Plastic Model Club - Lowell, MA

gtziaf
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: George
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari - Gilles Villeneuve
Greece

Post by gtziaf »

sky1911 wrote:Well so far I haven't had the time to really go over either of them in detail. Basically just flipping through, back to front once for each. I think there's a good load of pictures in them from several races, etc. But please don't be as daft as me ;) and expect something like an actual repair manual where you get a plethora of closeup shots of individual parts and diagrams of part A connecting to part C via bolt b and so on. Neither of those books are actual manuals of that type, so yes, the title is pretty misleading.
Waltzing around the Techno Classica fair in Essen last weekend I managed to skim through several of the Joe Honda books and to me they (JH) are similar only with a lot less text to go with the pictures. But for livery and overall looks purposes they should be good, too - but again, I was hoping for detail shots of the cars, how they are made up, etc. not just pictures of the entire car in the frame, driving through the picture or sitting in the pits or similar. - That's the reason why I want to go to the Porsche museum, hoping to get up close and personal with the car, similar to the Le Mans museum.

Give me some time and I'll have a closer look at the books and report back. My initial opinion on the books is GT40 > 917 > GTO (in terms of potential use to me).

/edit
One thing worth noting - I got them through Amazon.de from a place in the UK called "BOOKS etc" (or similar). They showed up under the "similar bla used and new" and were almost always the least expensive option. Mine were all new and shrinkwrapped, plus they were considerably less than the 30€ apiece they usually ask for (more like 2/3 or 1/2 the price). So mustn't grumble too much ;)
Thanks, very good explanation!

theseeker
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by theseeker »

This one arrived today.....

It will be a while before I start it, I have to finish the Lotus first and my new hobby room is not ready for prime time!

Rocky