Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: Flemming
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jackie Stewart - Tyrrell
Denmark

Re: My new 1:1

Post by Flemming »

Hi

No it will be us in Denmark who will be crying. We have the world record in taxes - including taxes on cars. Usually we say you pay for three and get one...

For the amount you paid for your car you can barely get a - okay a new one but still a Up..

Start crying... :mrgreen:

Best regards

Flemming

badun
Team Owner
Team Owner
Your Name: Bryan Duncan
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: All-time favorite is Senna but I don't cheer for a particular driver or team any longer. I just want to see good races with multiple teams capable of winning!
United States of America

Post by badun »

[quote="Bigasshammm"She's going to the tuners Monday to get sorted out. Hopefully she'll run like a raped ape afterwards.[/quote]

By definition, wouldn't a "raped ape" be slow? It's the one that got caught, after all. ;) (Note that there's a special place in Hell for rapists, but since Bigasshammm started it I was too immature to resist comment).

If the car is a daily driver then I bet you'll be happier with the somewhat detuned version. I think that an Evo would beat the Hell out of you (not the Rapist Hell, a different level) unless it was used on the track or for weekend drives.

daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Schumacher
Germany

Post by daniel »

Well 16,5$ is also pretty much the price you pay for a brand new UP over here in germany too...but then you have a massive 75 BHP and all the goodies;-) . About the price I payd for my 911...ok it's an old car with lots of mileage but hey it won't get any cheaper, so a better deal compared to the UP :-)

Topic author
Bigasshammm
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor

Post by Bigasshammm »

badun wrote:[quote="Bigasshammm"She's going to the tuners Monday to get sorted out. Hopefully she'll run like a raped ape afterwards.
By definition, wouldn't a "raped ape" be slow? It's the one that got caught, after all. ;) (Note that there's a special place in Hell for rapists, but since Bigasshammm started it I was too immature to resist comment).

If the car is a daily driver then I bet you'll be happier with the somewhat detuned version. I think that an Evo would beat the Hell out of you (not the Rapist Hell, a different level) unless it was used on the track or for weekend drives.[/quote]

Yea it's a saying a friend of mine uses. Basically that if said ape were raped he would not feel good and would run away fast. Not trying to poke fun at any kind of actual raping. No no.

It's not going to be a daily daily driver but I do want reliability. But I want to know that when I want to get on it she'll go. Will see what the tuner says.

It would most likely be beaten by a true EVO but I might be able to give it a run for a few lengths. I'm hoping she's pushing around 260whp but that could be way off.

lotus79
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Post by lotus79 »

It was time, 13+ years, I needed a break from turning a wrench every time I wanted to go play. I went to the dark side, and bought a "Factory" Track Car... :wink:

I'm old enough to remember when the Z28 was the working mans Corvette. I guess not anymore. Nice car, hopefully it has a/c for the Texas summers.

Jerry

shahir
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by shahir »

Flemming wrote:Hi

No it will be us in Denmark who will be crying. We have the world record in taxes - including taxes on cars. Usually we say you pay for three and get one...

For the amount you paid for your car you can barely get a - okay a new one but still a Up..

Best regards

Flemming
we do not even have volkswagon UP in Malaysia..
the smallest one should be polo 1.6 hatchback.. and it's already around 22K USD..

http://www.volkswagen.com.my/en/models/ ... llery.html

Shunter
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Alfa Romeo, McLaren, Williams
Australia

Post by Shunter »

Flemming wrote:Hi

Best regards

Flemming
One of the big reasons why my wife and I came back to Australia, I hated losing over half my wages in taxes.....I was the most annoyed when I got done by the knock on the door for my TV tax that was the one that pushed me over the edge I think...hahaha

Topic author
Bigasshammm
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor

Post by Bigasshammm »

Took it to a tuners today to try to get an issue sorted with the way it's been running. Good news is after he reset the ECU and cleared a cel that appeared out of nowhere the car ran great. Bad news is he couldn't tune it because it has been tuned previously and the original tuner locked the ECU. So I'm kind of screwed unless I can find where it was originally tuned.
But he managed two pulls on the dyno.
Peak hp was 261 at the wheels and it's running a massive 27.5lbs of boost! Yikes.
Ran like a dream on the way home till I got close to home and it started acting up again. The struggle continues.