BullittStang
Backmarker
Backmarker
Your Name: Joe
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nigel Mansell
United States of America

Re: PLASTIC Upcoming Releases 2013

Post by BullittStang »

Saw it over at GDIST and just got confirmation from Scott at HLJ, but Fujimi just announced a new 1/24th plastic kit of the McLaren F1 street car for an August release. No details yet, but I'm sure we'll learn more at Shizuoka next week.

leafs004
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by leafs004 »

On my list, even if it is not as accurate or detailed as MFH's. now let's see if they do a few different versions!
"Slow and Steady Wins the Race" - Who ever won a race with that strategy?

hirofkd
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by hirofkd »

We won't hear anything from Fujimi at Shizuoka Hobby Show because they don't participate in the event any more. They withdrew from Japanese plastic model association, too. More detailed information should become available in July when they send out August flyers to the distributors and retailers.
I was so excited when I saw the item at one of Japanese online stores, but stopped short of preordering it, and decided to wait until the kit comes out to determine whether I should wait for the Deluxe version, or get the initial release, like I did with their 458 and F12 Deluxe kits. MSRP of 4200 is the same as the F12 kit (which has a detailed engine, separate doors and PE scripts/emblems), but Fujimi is the most inconsistent and unpredictable model manufacturer, so the price doesn't say much.

Fujimi won't be at the hobby show, but Aoshima is expected to announce their next super car kit, which is rumored to be another Lambo.

jordan
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jordan »

hirofkd wrote:We won't hear anything from Fujimi at Shizuoka Hobby Show because they don't participate in the event any more. They withdrew from Japanese plastic model association, too. More detailed information should become available in July when they send out August flyers to the distributors and retailers.
I was so excited when I saw the item at one of Japanese online stores, but stopped short of preordering it, and decided to wait until the kit comes out to determine whether I should wait for the Deluxe version, or get the initial release, like I did with their 458 and F12 Deluxe kits. MSRP of 4200 is the same as the F12 kit (which has a detailed engine, separate doors and PE scripts/emblems), but Fujimi is the most inconsistent and unpredictable model manufacturer, so the price doesn't say much.

Fujimi won't be at the hobby show, but Aoshima is expected to announce their next super car kit, which is rumored to be another Lambo.
Thanks very much for the info..

Alex.

BullittStang
Backmarker
Backmarker
Your Name: Joe
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nigel Mansell
United States of America

Post by BullittStang »

hirofkd wrote:We won't hear anything from Fujimi at Shizuoka Hobby Show because they don't participate in the event any more. They withdrew from Japanese plastic model association, too. More detailed information should become available in July when they send out August flyers to the distributors and retailers.

Hiro,

Great points about Fujimi. I completely forgot that they no longer participate in the trade shows. I'll be interested to see the kit's contents when Hobbysearch posts it on their website.

As far as Aoshima, the talk on some of the other forums is that the reason Fujimi announced the McLaren was to udermine the expected announcement of a McLaren F1 from Aoshima, similar to what they did with the Aventador. Aoshima has been teasing a McLaren F1 on their Facebook page for the last year. If Aoshima releases one, then it will likely have a detailed engine, and their quality has grown by leaps and bounds. Aoshima's Nissan R35 GT-R and Lambo Aventador were huge leaps for them in terms of quality.
Last edited by BullittStang on Sat May 04, 2013 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Obi-Jiff
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Obi-Jiff »

Well, I've been waiting since 1993 for a plastic kit of the Mc F1, so Fujimi's will be most welcome; if Aoshima do follow up on their hints and teases with their own kit, I'll be even happier!
Some say he believes Star Wars is a documentary...

FORZAFERRARI
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by FORZAFERRARI »

4,200 yen (retail)...It better have lots of detail,Because, in my opinion, Fujimi is overpriced these days, especially compared to Aoshima
Cheers,
Remco

MoFo
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Post by MoFo »

Judging by the panel gaps in the preview photo, I'd say it will have opening doors, but no engine.

Boo! :(

(geez, I'm getting spoiled - we *finally* get a Macca F1, and I'm already complaining we're not getting *more* :)) I wonder if they'll follow it up with some racing versions?
Je ne regrette rien.

hirofkd
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by hirofkd »

I took Aoshima's facebook post as "We heard you, but..." "We'll think about it," is a polite way of saying "no,' in Japanese. :mrgreen:
Aoshima posted a few teasers, and they don't look like the McLaren F1, but more like another rumor: LP670-4 SV.
I think it's got a wing.

Below is a part of the layout, which shows the exterior, engine, interior and another exterior. Any guesses?

lezdep
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Canada

Post by lezdep »

hirofkd wrote: Aoshima posted a few teasers, and they don't look like the McLaren F1, but more like another rumor: LP670-4 SV.
What's the point of releasing many versions of pretty much the same Lambos ? Ok, I've bought one Aventador kit, I don't
need any more. In other hand, if they would release F1-GT long tail road car and F1-GTR long tail, I would buy 3-5 kits.
There are at least 3 great racing liveries I would want to build and road car too. To me what they are doing makes little
sense. But I guess mass market consumer must be more interested in road super cars :( Good luck to Aoshima with their
pursuit of road super cars.